Okuma Mystique Reel Schematics

Richie

I'm just putting on record in case anyone else has an Okuma Mystique reel and is looking for the schematics.

You can use the schematics for the Okuma Ignite of the same size. I have a Mystique 2000 so the Ignite-IT20 is eqivalent http://www.reelschematic.com/schematics/Okuma/Ignite/IGNITE%20IT20%282006%29.pdf

Now I just need to work out an easy way to time the elliptical oscillating gears properly...

Cheers,

Rich.

I'm just putting on record in case anyone else has an Okuma Mystique reel and is looking for the schematics.

You can use the schematics for the Okuma Ignite of the same size. I have a Mystique 2000 so the Ignite-IT20 is eqivalent http://www.reelschematic.com/schematics/Okuma/Ignite/IGNITE%20IT20%282006%29.pdf

Now I just need to work out an easy way to time the elliptical oscillating gears properly...

Cheers,

Rich.

Why do you want to time the gears?

Why do you want to time the gears?

I had a suspicion that was wrong. If the two elliptical gears dont line up, the gearbox just jams or freespins.

There is a noise that I'm trying go get out of the thing, it seems to time with the bail rotor. It feels smooth though.

The noise could be a lot of different things... it might be a failing bearing, a problem with the anti-reverse bearing, or a part not in the right place or order. More often than not, a noise in time with the rotation of the spool will be something to do with the spool rotor itself. It might be the pinion gear too.

If the noise is gear related, that usually means the gears are worn or damaged and might need replacing.

I've heard a few people talk about the need to 'align the teeth' on spinning reel gears because they supposedly develop a wear pattern. I'm still open minded about it if someone with more expertise can explain it but since the gears in reels are not of uniform size, as a reel turns the relative location of gear teeth to other gear teeth constantly changes. I can't see how a 'wear pattern' could develop unless you had 1:1 gearing or (very unlikely) 1 gear that had and exact multiple of teeth to another (eg a pinion gear with 20 teeth and a drive gear with 80 teeth so the pinion constantly engages the same teeth on the drive).

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks for that Slinky.

Lol, I'm not that retentive to try and align the gears like that. There is an elliptical gear and an eccentric one that needs to line up is all.

I'm going to open it up tonight again to see if I can hunt down the noise. Is seems to originate from the AR bearing or maybe the pinion.