FIRST TRIP TO WINDAMERE.

fisho_260

Hi all, i fished lake Windamere for the first time from the 3-5 jan with 2 mates and although the fishing was a little slow we had a great time.

Day 1.. Saw us arrive at the dam mid arvo and after setting everything up we hit the water for a fish about 5pm. I had a couple of light taps using a gold jackall but after switching to a 1/2oz olive spinnerbait i got a solid hit and came up tight on my first fish which turned out to be a respectable 48cm. No pics of this one as all camera gear was left at camp.

Day 2.. On the water at 5am a little scratchy after a few beverages with the boys the night before and we fished hard for only 1 aggressive catty for the morning session.Back to camp by midday to escape the heat and listen to the aussies start to pile on the runs.

Back onto the dam at 5 after it cooled down a little and we fished a few shallow bays that were chock full of weed and hard to fish but we persisted and came up with a little cod of 45cm which although small was my mates first ever freshwater fish and we were all stoked. We had a short troll after dark on the way home and i picked up a smallish yella of 42cm.

Day 3.. After a bit of a sleep in we started fishing around 8am and it was already getting hot but we pushed on knowing it was our last day. After a few follows from some big fish i finally came up tight on a ripper of a yella and after a nice fight slipped the net under a new pb for me at 58cm. This was the only fish for the day again but we pulled the pin around midday and headed back for a relax and some cricket before packing up and heading home.

I'm not sure why the dam was a little hard, maybe it was the 2000+ people that were there only a couple of days earlier or a variety of weather conditions but we had a ball and will be going back very soon.

post-20456-003417000 1326108005_thumb.jpgpost-20456-087907400 1326108023_thumb.jpgpost-20456-045862300 1326108048_thumb.jpg

Cheers Fisho.

Edited by fisho_260