Quintrex and Humminbord

squidboy

Hi raiders,

I own a Quintrex Topender with a humminbird sounder. The sounder used to work in greater than 20 knots in the old boat but I cant seem to get it spot on in the quinnie. Could someone PM me a photo of how their sounder is setup on their boat so I can get a good idea?

I ran it parallell to the bottom of the boat to start with, but something either hit the trnasducer or the water ended up cracking the holder off. Then I ran it a little higher but I got readings to 7 knots and then nothing. Would appreciate any help.

Cheers

Squidboy

Hi mate, I'm using a 900 series hummingbird on my 480 top ender and I loose a decent picture at about 6-8 knots too. It works better in the fresh but once I'm up and planing I've got nothing. It's not a massive issue coz once I'm in the general area I want to fish I'm usually only doing a few knots sounding around and the pic is great.

I am having some problems with the temp gauge ATM

I have been reading up a fair amount and it appears water turbulence is what could be affecting both our sounders. They recommend either dropping the sounder lower or to lower the back part of the transducer by about six degree.

Hope this helps. Will be testing again on the weekend :1prop: