Seal's attack school of jewys in Pittwater

windredj

Hi Raiders

Day started around 9 took my sister out as it looked like a nice day and both on holidays. caught a small snapper at lion island and a keeper flatty at juno pt. then on the fun starts..... on the way back in i spotted a seal on the surface near flint and steel closer to the bait grounds... so we went up for a little look only to find a dark patch of fish being herded by 2 BIG seals !! one would keep the school of fish together and one would come from underneath and smash them up. they wernt fussed by our boat, we were a couple of meters behind them and they just kept going. was only on close inspection that i noticed they were all big ish jewies!!! so we just sat there and watched it for a good 30mins watching this school of jewies on the surface swimming around.. was very cool " would have been better if they were feeding!#$%!!"

we watched the school get smaller and smaller as these seals were eating them whole!! was a sight to see " might put a video up later once i edit it" one seal grabbed one threw it around and he left it for a bit so i quickly grabbed the net and picked up an already gutted jewy!!

anyway moved on and the fishing was dead from then on and the wind picked up so we headed home.

ENJOY

post-15128-000484000 1326102391_thumb.jpg

post-15128-050639400 1326102604_thumb.jpg

post-15128-073946400 1326102891_thumb.jpg

Edited by WINDRED

That's an amazing sight.

Watching seals in action like that.

It would have been the perfect ending if a school of great whites then found the seals....

Not that I hate seals or anything.

Not that I've lost a good red or kingie to them...

Why couldn't they have attacked a school of leatherjackets ?

...or sweep

..or pike....

...or seargant bakers

...or eachother....

...or jetskiers...

just kidding - it's nature in action.

Nothing we can do about it.

It's not like we can just board their ship at midnight and try to take it over....

We would surely be captured by their navy seals....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Jewies busting up the surface.....never thought id see the day...

All jokes aside, that would have been an awesome sight.

It was I was mesmerized by the Jews. The pics don't do it justice.. Once I put the video up you see the school of big Jew right under neath me just swimming together bout 10 of them. Might get it up tommorow