terova ipilot

loonicruiser

Hi Tony, the iPilot is brilliant and is well worth the investment. The strength of the Terova iPilot is that you get the foot pedal control and the iPilot control. I would strongly recommend you get a quality Deep cycle AGM marine battery to power the iPilot. I have a Century 12V 100amp AGM and it has been powering my Minn Kota Riptide iPilot for 3 years, including some 20hr lure sessions in the Barra impoundments of QLD. This will cost you an extra $280 but is well worth it. You should also invest in a quality recharger such as a CTEK to ensure your battery lasts.

cheers Basscatcher.

Hi Tony, the iPilot is brilliant and is well worth the investment. The strength of the Terova iPilot is that you get the foot pedal control and the iPilot control. I would strongly recommend you get a quality Deep cycle AGM marine battery to power the iPilot. I have a Century 12V 100amp AGM and it has been powering my Minn Kota Riptide iPilot for 3 years, including some 20hr lure sessions in the Barra impoundments of QLD. This will cost you an extra $280 but is well worth it. You should also invest in a quality recharger such as a CTEK to ensure your battery lasts.

cheers Basscatcher.

thanks basscatcher

i think the gps side of it will be real handy i fish for bass in a lagoon at colo and it will be great to set a run 5m from the edge and let it go by itself while i fish and the anchor mode sounds like the ducks guts

tony

Tony - you are absolutely correct. The stop lock function is brilliant if you want to fish a specific snag or school of fish and the track memory function is a cracker, great for working a bank, oyster racks and the face of a weedbed. It is well worth the investment.....I don't know how I used to fish without it :biggrin2: .

Tony - you are absolutely correct. The stop lock function is brilliant if you want to fish a specific snag or school of fish and the track memory function is a cracker, great for working a bank, oyster racks and the face of a weedbed. It is well worth the investment.....I don't know how I used to fish without it :biggrin2: .

you said yours is a riptide is that the same as a terova

Tony, no I bought my Minn Kota Riptide 12 months before the iPilot came onto the market. I have since fitted the iPilot kit onto my Riptide. The problem with this modification is that you have to remove the foot pedal control to fit the iPilot attachment. I would strongly reommend that if you have the money buy the Terova with iPilot so you can also retain the foot control. It gives you much more flexibility, especially when fighting fish amongst the snags or trying to retrieve a lure from a snag.