Shimano Thunnus. Are They Back?

Red

G'day Fishraiders,

Went to the Tackle Show today and seen a couple of Shimano Thunnus reels at the Freddy's stand. I thought these reels had been discontinued but the salesman reckons they are back :wacko: Hope he's not spinning me a B.S. story.

For those interested, the show price for a 16000F was $450 :badair: I'd hate to see their store price :1yikes:

Cheers

Red

Guest Jocool

As far as I know they never dissapeared did they???? They just weren't a really big seller here in Oz I believe!

They are listed on OS sites for $240 US so I guess with the current trend in pricing $450 would be right. Check with ABA as to what they can do them for.

Hi Jocool,

I have four of these reels and was told by Shimano themselves, that they will no longer stock this reel in their line-up. It certainly was not included in the last Shimano catalogue i seen. Seems i was lucky to pick mine up for $AU269 on a run-out sale. They did have a design fault and 3 out of my 4 reels indeed malfunctioned. Thankfully the fix was simple :thumbup:

Cheers

Red

Guest Jocool

They are still being offered for sale OS so perhaps they have fixed the problem???

As far as Freddy's goes, they import a lot of their reels themselves. Sometimes they correspond with Aus spec. reels...but not always. All I can say, is KNOW what you are being sold!