Weird clouds, flathead and a flying Mako.

davegroves68

Went out from Pittwater this morning at about 6am.Headed to West head to pick up a few livies. Plenty of yakkas there :biggrin2:

We were planning to chase Kings but the swell was quite big at first so we stayed close in near Lion Island.

W then decide to go and do some flatty drifts around the 28m mark.Got a couple then noticed a strange formation in the clouds. It looked real spooky, like the eye of a storm but the wind and swell were dropping off.

post-10917-073845200 1326620185_thumb.jpg

Very weird.

We then went on to West reef where i got a few small snapper on pillies and then on a livie proceeded to get bust off by something big. It felt like a Jewy, but i will never know.

What i do know is later we went back to flatty drifts and got a few more and then on one drop i got a solid take quickly got bit off, then all of a sudden, 10metres from the boat, a Mako of about 6 ft lauched itself into the air :1yikes: . Both of us onboard saw it and agreed what it was .We were only 4kms from the Joey, so I was quite surprised. Chucked in another yakka but new we would never land it.

Not a bad day in all. Few fish, weird skies and a flying Mako :biggrin2:

Headed in about 1pm for a few cold ones :beersmile:

Dave

Went out from Pittwater this morning at about 6am.Headed to West head to pick up a few livies. Plenty of yakkas there :biggrin2:

We were planning to chase Kings but the swell was quite big at first so we stayed close in near Lion Island.

W then decide to go and do some flatty drifts around the 28m mark.Got a couple then noticed a strange formation in the clouds. It looked real spooky, like the eye of a storm but the wind and swell were dropping off.

post-10917-073845200 1326620185_thumb.jpg

Very weird.

We then went on to West reef where i got a few small snapper on pillies and then on a livie proceeded to get bust off by something big. It felt like a Jewy, but i will never know.

What i do know is later we went back to flatty drifts and got a few more and then on one drop i got a solid take quickly got bit off, then all of a sudden, 10metres from the boat, a Mako of about 6 ft lauched itself into the air :1yikes: . Both of us onboard saw it and agreed what it was .We were only 4kms from the Joey, so I was quite surprised. Chucked in another yakka but new we would never land it.

Not a bad day in all. Few fish, weird skies and a flying Mako :biggrin2:

Headed in about 1pm for a few cold ones :beersmile:

Dave

Nice work mate

I was catching lives next to you at west head

I was in the seafarer with 2 on board

We pushed out the heads and jigged some of the outer wrecks then came back later in the day to soak the livies for a Jew

Nice work mate

I was catching lives next to you at west head

I was in the seafarer with 2 on board

We pushed out the heads and jigged some of the outer wrecks then came back later in the day to soak the livies for a Jew

Did you have any luck Simon? How far out did you go? Was your boat the one with outriggers on? you left 10mins after we arrived on the Bertie?

Did you have any luck Simon? How far out did you go? Was your boat the one with outriggers on? you left 10mins after we arrived on the Bertie?

Yeah we got a few :-)

We didn't venture out too far only about 10km

We left about ten min after u arrived but i don't have outriggers on the boat

My aerials looks like outriggers I guess

Can't wait to get out there this weekend and chase Mr beakie