Shimano Tekota 500 Or Tr1000ld Charter Special

AdamK

ok, time for another reel

the purpose of this will be for bottom bashing and a bit of light trolling (if required) but main purpose will purely be for bottom bouncing

I can get either one for $200, I know you can get the TR2000LD for $190 but I just don't want that extra width and the 150 gram in weight (just a personal thing)

The TR1000's are a full graphite unit whereas the Tekota is aluminium frame, spool and side plate unit, and ofcourse star/lever drag

any comments please

Adam

Depends on what options u prefer, basically I would decide on if u want lever drag or not and if u want to cast jigs with it or not. The tekota has a better grip, better anti reverse, looks fancy, performs better for jigging etc and is castable. The charter has lever drag which definately has advantages. It has a massive drag washer (mine had to be replaced so I learn't the hard way) and it is a tough option for bottom bashing with level wind, no castability.

geez Rick, it's too bluddy difficult. I know what you mean, each has a different purpose yet can both be used for the same thing.

I would prefer a lever drag option over star drag but Tekota just seems to have that better, more durable feel look about it and as you said I can also cast with it if I ever need to

well let's see what others have to say aswell.

Andrew, I was thinking this week or next week mate. I will let you know which model I decide for

Adam