Tinny Modifications - Northern Beaches - Anyone?

MrChipsnSalad

I have a 4m tinny that I would like to get some modifications on. Does anyone know where I could go on the Northern Beaches. I live in Dee Why. I'm looking at putting some high rails on the bow, to attach some canvas spray protectors to. Also would like to add a bait tank, and some side compartments. Also thinking about adding a pod on the transom, to move the outboard out of the boat. I would really appreciate some advice as to who would be good to talk to, and if anyone has any idea's about what this sort of work costs.

Edited by MrChipsnSalad

There's a couple of aluminium places on Old Pittwater Road, which runs behind Warringah Mall.

I went there to enquire about having a livewell installed in my Hornet, one place didn't want to know and wouldn't even quote, the other place took all my details, looked at the boat, made notes, then never rang me back.

Problem I've found in dealing with alu' places is many of them are good at alu' welding, but only a few of them are familiar with boat welding or what's required when modifying a boat.

I know it's not on the N.Shore, but you might want to give Viking Marine and Aluminium Boat Repairs at Taren Point a call. Viking are a recommended repairer by Club Marine and as the name suggests, they only work on boats.

I have no affiliations with Viking marine, by the way, but I was impressed with the service, the work they showed me and the level of knowledge the guys had there. Well worth the extra drive for peace of mind I think.

Pukka