New beginning leads to a fish out of water... HELP

Bryce Neyland

Dear Raiders,

My name is Honk. I am 21 and moved to Sydney from Euston (near Mildura) three years ago for Uni.

I grew up on a farm located on the Murray River where I used to fish flat out, but I have never done much 'ocean' fishing before.

I bought myself a new rod and reel for Christmas (tough times when you gotta do it yourself) and have just started fishing again in Sydney.

I went down to the Narrabeen Lakes on the w.e. and caught a few tiny brim and a puffer fish. Nothing too substantial but a good start to this.

Anyway, I was wondering if you guys could help me with new type of fishing.

I would love to crack into this. I could write a forum on how to catch a catch a Murray Cod or yellabelly on the Murray, but fishing around Sydney is a totally different version of the game for me.

If you could post some info (or thread links) about WHERE to fish on land (based in Kenso but always good for a drive, no boat), WHAT rigs your using, technique, gear (I invested in some plastics on advice from the tackle shop but really a beginner how to use them) I would be very appreciative.

Also, if anyone is looking for some company on a boat or a spot, I'd love to tag along. I have been called away with work for 3 months as of next week, but keen when I get back. Like I said, I have done a bit of fishing before, so not scared to get my hands dirty, and can swap some tales. Just need to know what to do.

Any help at all would be great. Im not too fussed on a species, if its worth catching I'm there.

Thanks in advance, love the look of this site!

Honk.

PS. PB for a Murray Cod is 52 pounds if anyone has something to compare too.

i hate fishing on land , catching nothing and too much people next to you, due to the mass population, so i went this direction

kayak fishing

10 min to load, drive, 10min to unload and your on the water

troll to your spot, use lures or bait

cheapest way to fish i say

clean up is 20mins to hose everything down...

only need soft racks, not hard ones,

look up hobie kayaks, peddle kayaks

i fish georges river and botany bay, love the bread and butter

with the minimum 30min boat ramp wait, this you got no problems launch of any beach or ramp

pm me if u got questions, can't stress how much i love my kayak and fishing :)