Bonito Bay ?....

dhype

Hey Raider

Hope you all had a good Australia day!

Headed out late this morning when I saw a break in the rain... hit Botany as per usual

Once on the Bay there were surface action everywhere... patches of fish were feeding throughout the Bay. :biggrin2:

There were exactly 17,634,277 bonitos stuffing their guts with tiny baitfish

Tossed all sorts of plastic, poppers, minnows and metals at them for ZERO takes.. 100's casts for nothing. YEAH what a great start to the day!

Bugger this we thought and headed to get some squid for our jewbash tomorrow night.

Like clockwork the squid started flying over the side of the boat with a few examples worthy of the Biggest Losser contestant!

With some bait size squid we did a few passes with the downrigger for some kings for gaint ZERO! Nothing on the sounder either.

Flicked some vibes at the flats for... yes ZERO !! :ranting2:

Heading back in we encountered the Bonnies again and this time i tied on my special 3 inch jerk shad in shimmering clear GLASS... cast, jerk , jerk jerk...BANG ..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ! :yahoo:

The tinny 1000 stella starts screaming and after a few minutes the bonnie is in the net... this was repeated a few times and lost a monster of a fish when it busted off my 4lb line... these are some of the biggest bonnies in the bay for years. Great fun on light gear.

So.. if you want bonnies .. flick small clear jerk shads around.. nothing else worked (today anyway)

At the end of the day .. it was a pretty poor effort.. but i guess it was still good to be out on the water.

Saw Quintrex480 at the ramp afterwards.. hope he did better than my half ar8sed result!!

Cheers

Trung

post-10545-033054300 1327575673_thumb.jpg

post-10545-076916600 1327575679_thumb.jpg

post-10545-031182400 1327575686_thumb.jpg

post-10545-014318800 1327575691_thumb.jpg

Edited by dhype

I was there at about 11 am and yeah gazzilions of Bonitos or Salmon was boiling up between drums and Molly. 50 cast on a little chrome and only 1 take and lost it at the boat. So buggered off and went and go some breams and whitings.

By the sounds of it, I should of use my berkley casp clear.

I also saw Quintrex480 heard he bag limit on breams. :)

hey Trung, was good to catch up with ya at the ramp even if it was brief.

DAM! would have loved to of got into those bonnies, was too busy catching bream.

Good luck on the jewbash, hope you do better than I did.

"Good luck on the jewbash, hope you do better than I did."

I dont think i could do any worst! .. you got like 1 x 40cm jew right? :biggrin2:

That's awsome if the bonito are in the bay hopefully the king will come out and play. Plenty of jewies around. This has been my best year for them. Over the last month 99 cm/103cm 100 cm trung you want that 10 kg monster this is the time to do it. Hopfully your next report will be that beast. Don't forget the raincoats lol

That's awsome if the bonito are in the bay hopefully the king will come out and play. Plenty of jewies around. This has been my best year for them. Over the last month 99 cm/103cm 100 cm trung you want that 10 kg monster this is the time to do it. Hopfully your next report will be that beast. Don't forget the raincoats lol

What setup and bait are you targeting the jews with?

Hey champ. Just using a basic two hook rigg. The size of the hooks all depends on the size of the live squid that we are using I try and use the smallest hook I can find the squid lives longer. Running a 40 pound leader. 50 cm trace. And a ball sinker I use as light sinker as I can. With small hooks and sinker the squid lives for ages.

Hey champ. Just using a basic two hook rigg. The size of the hooks all depends on the size of the live squid that we are using I try and use the smallest hook I can find the squid lives longer. Running a 40 pound leader. 50 cm trace. And a ball sinker I use as light sinker as I can. With small hooks and sinker the squid lives for ages.

Cheers mate, I have been mainly on plastics around the towra area in the bay but will be switching to bait tomorrow and trying a session out early in the morning!

Going to go for something like this tomorrow....

http://www.fishing.net.nz/index.cfm/pageid/56/view/yes/editorialID/770

Edited by lostincable

Yeah mate I've experience many trips out to the bay like that..........Mainly big fat zeros as well until you head outside. As for the bonnies they tend to be very fusy so you just have to experiment with different lures until you find the size and then you will be bagging out. Good to see them move in and the chopper Tailor buggered off.

Tight lines Dude :1fishing1: