Carp Session new PB

Joco

Went a good handfull of times to Napean River to catch some carp and test out the new light gear setup...

Used corn as bait, on my 2-4kg rod, 1000 reel, 4lb braid and managed to score some crackers...

I was trying to hit the 1m mark BUT i think its impossible...

I guess i will continue till i do...

Managed to pull out a 85cm, 88cm and the BIGGEST at 89cm so far (NEW PB)...

At the same time managed to score x2 catfish as well, on CORN that is :thumbup:

LOVE the way these big boys fight...

Usually they peel of anywhere between 30-40m of line out on their first run...

Then you need to watch out for rock, weed, log structure where they go in hiding...

LOST many more & it keeps me wondering if it was the one i am chasing....

napean29.jpg

napean1788cm.jpg

napean285cm.jpg

napean23.jpg

napean31.jpg

napean19.jpg

napean21.jpg

THANKS fellas...

But what disturbs me is I thinl that you may have a crucian carp there which I thought did not exist here?

UNFORTUNATELLY you are right, its a CRUCIAN Carp and yes they do exist here... Caught x3 of these pups....

Well done Joey :yahoo: they are some really big swamp puppies :1yikes: nice cattie as well :tease:

THANKS Stewy hope i crack the magic 1m mark :thumbup:

I knew Stewy would be jealous of the CATFISH! :074:

:biggrin2: SO close, yet so far away, from stealing Stewies record

good going joco, spent too many years up there decimating the carp population, thats a few decent euros there, did u get the cattie on corn or worms??? if u want to hit it up again i can tee up a trip with a mate that lives up there as well with hawksbass and we'll put a dent in the carp population, maybe hit a few good bass along the way.

what gets me is who the heck released crucians? It's bad enought having commons! I just wonder if it was some misguided course fisherman? Cause they are not exactly ornamentals are they?

From the reading ive done its a mix between a gold fish and some sort of carp. Introduced first into fish tanks and ponds and next thing you know, just like carp, they spread like ants. NOT a trophy fish at all BUT maybe in Europe.

did u get the cattie on corn or worms???

YES got the cat on CORN, could not believe my eyes, NOT one but x2 in total :thumbup:

Nice fish Joco, you're not far of the meter mark. I've heard of a 1.2 meter fish landed in the Camden area this year, the big fish are there. Catfish numbers also seem to be on the rise with plenty landed on worms.