Buying A V-nose Fishing Boat

kevvie

Hi all,

I'm buying a v-nose punt very soon and would like to get some feedback from owners or people who use these types of boats to fish from. I am tossing between a 435 Hornet Trophy and the 435 Stessl Edgetracker, approximately the same price.

Which rides better? which is more stable? or is there another brand that i should consider for around 18k?

Your comments would be appreciated

Hi kevvie,

The Hornet and the Edgetracker are both nice boats, but if you want a super stable platform and a soft ride, you might want to consider the Polycraft 4.1m challenger. My best suggestion is to try to take a spin in each of the boats you are considering, there's no substitute for an on water demo. I'd be more than happy to take you for a spin in the Polycraft, and give you a quote on a rig. You could be in an optioned-up side console Poly with a Suzuki 50HP 4-stroke for your budget, not sure what layout/motor you're looking at with the Hornet or Edgetracker (you get a lot for your money with Polycraft). Give me a call at Yabbie Marine, 9524 6488.

Cheers,

Ben.

Hells Bells Ben ... you're getting quick :074:

Hi kevvie,

I had a 2001 4.35 Stacer Barra for 4 years, and was delighted with it :thumbup:

But now that have a Polycraft, I would also recommend you go for a ride in a 4.1m Challenger before you make a decision.

I have a 3.85 Stessl Edgetracker with a Honda 4 stroke 30 hp, bought second hand (due to a tight budget) and it goes beautifully, it has plenty of room for 2 flyfishing and rides better in the chop than I thought it would, very stable when casting. For the budget you have though, definitely have a try of the polys and other boats you are interested in, I would have but they were just out of my budget.

Thanks guys,

I will definately look at the poly's. I must admit though i would have never thoght of them as an option rivaling the ally's.

When is the boatshow on? i wan't to make a decision there where i can talk to everyone and try and get the best deal.

rivaling the ally's

A better ride is just the start :yahoo:

The Boat Show is on the 28th July - 2nd August 2005

Boat Show

Go for a ride in the boats you are interested in ... before you go to the boat show.

Call Wakd ... THE Poly Expert :thumbup:

P.S. I am NOT sponsored by anyone, I support any great product/service I buy ... and will bag any poor products/service.

Hi KEV , I am not sponsored by any one either :( but i just purchased a polycraft 4.1 with side console and 50 hp 4 stroke suzuki with all the goodies sounder 55 minkota for around the buxs you are lookin at !!! go see eric and ben at yabbie they will look after you no worries .If you wanna go for a ride in mine give me a call. The ride is something special and cheap as chips to run :yahoo: