Botany bay 29/1

Little Hooker

Hey guys,

Quick report, Got on the water at 12am aiming for a feed of table fish for once. Hit the break wall for about 1hr and not even a decent bite so decided to moved around the drums and the oil wharf for abit till i found a patch of fish. About 2hrs on the run out tide the bream were on the bite. Landed 8 keepers largest was 33cm down to legal but they were nice and fat. I lost a few to due to have only 2 arms, the other 2(the girlfriend) was sleeping in the cabin :ranting2::thumbup: Also landed a 50cm plus flattie which was a bonus. Surprising only 1 undersize bream and only a few pesty snappers. I had a few baits out there and the humble prawn out shine all.

Had a nap b4 the sun rise then started to move around the middle of the bay looking for some surface action. Found some tailors feeding but they were rather small. Hooked a few on chromies but they all around 29cm and very shinny. Was about to go chase some kings but the wind picked up abit so i jus went home with a decent feed.

Water was 22 to 23c.

That's all folks.

Guest Aussie007

the cabin comes in handy when i use to have a cabin boat i would sleep every time while fishing something about sleeping on the water is so relaxing and well done on the catch ive been reading about the surface action in the bay people are saying bonito thanks for confirming theres tailor out there well also great to know the water is up to temp top stuff :thumbup: post up some pics if u have any