A day on the hawkesbury

freddygeester

First time post, here goes,Left home at 9am with my son and daughter bound for brooklyn,arrived around 10am and promptly readied the boat for a peaceful day with the kids,launched the boat and headed for the vines,five minutes in and the son gets a nice flattie to the boat (approx 62cm long)released to play another day. A couple of catfish later and the daughter is on, a nice jew 86cm long and me with a 33cm bream.A few more catfish and all went quiet, decided to head for home with two pumped kids and feed of fish. A great day had by all,bring on next weekend.

Regards Jim

First time post, here goes,Left home at 9am with my son and daughter bound for brooklyn,arrived around 10am and promptly readied the boat for a peaceful day with the kids,launched the boat and headed for the vines,five minutes in and the son gets a nice flattie to the boat (approx 62cm long)released to play another day. A couple of catfish later and the daughter is on, a nice jew 86cm long and me with a 33cm bream.A few more catfish and all went quiet, decided to head for home with two pumped kids and feed of fish. A great day had by all,bring on next weekend.

Regards Jim

hey mate,

i fished the hawkesbury the other day and found the vines to be very quiet. Just a few rays and catfish. No Bream at all? Had a run on the jew rod that i misses though.. Scored a 44cm Bream for my troubles later on at Milson Island atleast. Catfish are the one BIG problem with the hawkesbury. Even if you use a l.5m leader they still pester you... I've found that i get one decent Bream/Flattie for every 8-9 Catfish. Pretty ridiculos.. Anyway, thats a lovely jew and sounds like she did a good job on bringing it in!

Cheers, Tom

Regards Jim

Nicely done and I bet your kids still have the smiles on their faces especially after catching fish of that size :thumbup::thumbup:

nice report there jim and congrats to the kids :thumbup: , you must be a proud dad with those size fish,what bait were you using?

cheers paul

Hi Paul; the jew was caught on a beachworm believe it or not, and the bream on a shelled prawn.My daughter is only 10 years old and has always been a bit scared of going out in the boat but now I think she has been cured of that.

Regards Jim