Gymea Baths

fishsong

Hi All,

Was fishing out at Gymea Bay Baths on Sat night and a bunch of kids and their parents came at 10pm to the wharf. Kids were running around casting over other peoples line and being disrepectful to the other fishos there. At least have the decency to say sorry if you cast over someone.

I have nothing against kids fishing and will love to take mine fishing when that time comes and of course kids will make mistakes fishing, but have some manners please!!

On another note, the number of undersized fish being taken home is appauling. In my opinion, fisheries need to patrol the fishing wharfs more to discourage people taking undersized fish. I bet half won't even have a fishing licence!

To all those who respect other fishos, keep up the good work!!

Thanks All.

Hi Fishsong,

The baths is one of my local spots and what you've described is all to common both there and at other landbaed spots around the city. Its only a matter of time before we see an ugly situation develop as a result. I've personally been called all sorts of colourfull names on the couple of times when i've confronted people over keeping undersized fish, leaving rubbish around, etc. The biggest tradgedy of the whole affair is that additional fisheries officers to police these areas would more than pay for themselves in the fines that they would raise.

At the end of the day though its got alot more to do with the general level of arogance and disrespect that we see across society and as for fixing that, i'm lost as to a solution.

Rich

Hi, I am curious where do people fish exactly at Gymea Baths? I had a look there once and there are signs saying no fishing but it it not clear if this only applies to the netted pool or off the sidewalk altogether.. Are you allowed to fish off the sidewalk that goes around the pool?

Guest Aussie007

do what i do kick there buckets in. im always at gymea baths and the amount of peiole keeping baby tailor is bad

mate post like that will get this thread locked i think the best thing to do is mind your own business and report these people

Hi, I am curious where do people fish exactly at Gymea Baths? I had a look there once and there are signs saying no fishing but it it not clear if this only applies to the netted pool or off the sidewalk altogether.. Are you allowed to fish off the sidewalk that goes around the pool?

u can fish off the wharf u just cant fish in the pool or u will be fined if caught and there isnt many squid in the pool to catch anyway there all along the main walking path to the right of the pool just becareful parking your car there as there is no lighting and ive had people follow me down thru the bush in the night fishing alone by my self not a good idea at this location fishing alone that is at night the big spot light turns off at 10pm

Hi All,

Was fishing out at Gymea Bay Baths on Sat night and a bunch of kids and their parents came at 10pm to the wharf. Kids were running around casting over other peoples line and being disrepectful to the other fishos there. At least have the decency to say sorry if you cast over someone.

I have nothing against kids fishing and will love to take mine fishing when that time comes and of course kids will make mistakes fishing, but have some manners please!!

On another note, the number of undersized fish being taken home is appauling. In my opinion, fisheries need to patrol the fishing wharfs more to discourage people taking undersized fish. I bet half won't even have a fishing licence!

To all those who respect other fishos, keep up the good work!!

Thanks All.

I agree with you dude, alot of people take undersized fish at the jetty. I would tell them that they are undersized. and ask if they want to measure it or not. Usually they throw it back

• 4 years later...

Been there recently and it makes for a very convenient and easy spot for catching pelagics as they hurd up the baitfish and smash em right at the wharf. You can catch squid in the pool area and on the right of the wharf when you walk onto the jetty. Makes the best bait. tight lines