Fishing Botany Bay between tide changes ?

Hutts

Hey Raiders,

I'm taking a mate out on my tinnie in the bay to introduce him to the world of the ever addictive SP fishing. I have fished the bay plenty of times, however with a couple of little ones , work commitments and of course the minister of war and finance, my very precious fishing time has always been military planned and implemented around the few hours of the tide change.

With My mate having the same fishing roadblocks to navigate as me, the time we can both get on the water is going to be right in between tide changes.....basically still water...now it has just occurred to me, out of all the times on the bay, I have never actually fished In between tides...

So, my question is....is there any spots that do/don't fish well between tides.....I'm not after secrets, just a little advice....do places like towra, Brighton , dolls point, the bridges dry up when th tides not running ? Or am I better heading up the George's and trying some of the usual spots up there ?

Appoligies for asking, but my mate has a couple of youngs ones too and they are bugging him to take them fishing, the only problem is, he does not how to fish...lol....so he has come to me to show him the ropes.....so with only a few hours on the water to spare, I need to be productive....hopefully,

Anyway, I will reply to this post with what I find and it may help other raiders out when planning their attack...

Cheers

Pete.

Hi Pete

I fish the bay here and there and 99% of the time with lures.. from my experience when fishing with lures it does not matter too much if the tide is flowing/changing/turning or whatever.... if you are in the right spot (towra is always good) using the right lure(SLAMBAITS? hehe )with the correct action you will get fish... I cant plenty of fish on all tides!

In my opinion..if you use baits then yes.. a moving tide/current flow will fish better as it will carry your bait and berley scent further and attract fish.

One thing i have noticed over the years is that the slowest fish producing period of the day is generally between 12pm and 3pm... so i try to get out there early morning or late afternoon. I NEVER worry about the tides.

The above is my views only.. others will of course have their thoughts on this matter

Good luck and let us all know how you go!

Cheers

Trung

Edited by dhype