My Recent Fishing Adventures and Pics

cheekiifisher

Of recent I have been on 2 fishing adventures Friday night ot Ettalong and Today with another fishraider pigbody. Stories below.

Ettalong friday night

So i went on an adventure friday afternoon with my adopted ma and pa (pa is a fisher from way back) I told him i just want to get the knack of these soft plastics. I am struggling. So off i went out on the boat with him. We drifted for about 1.5 hours over this section of the bay and caught nothing not even nibbles. so we moved onto the next spot. all we caught there was an undersized snapper. But that was enough to keep me excited. but then nothing again. By this stage i was starting to really hate these stupid soft plastics. Well at least they were my thoughs. anyway we had 1 hour left with the boat so we moved to high tide rocks. Well the fun begin in this hour. I caught my first shovelnose ray (I believe its called) which just got me so excited as i love catching new things. Pa caught a nice sized flat and so did ma. Plus there was another little snapper, little bream and little whiting. (photos of ray and me with both flatheads caught yes i am a chimer just had to get in on it lol)

Woolwich Wharf

So today off i went to meet with pigbody (fishraider member) to again get some more experience and advice on soft plastics. We get there rig up and john gives me a wriggly squidgey (as i did not have one of these)and off me go. Second Cast I land a flat head i start giggle as i walk it from the wharf to the beach all excited. John goes beach and gets it out for me. All excited and wanting a picture off we went photo below. I was stoked 5 minutes and already a fish. Then again with in about another 3 cast I had a flounder... My first one this got me even more excited when i got to the beach to pic it up i must say i was a little threatened by its teeth... another picture and back in the water. Then we fished for another 1 and half hours. to catch not another thing. Although when John pulled out the big gulp 3 inch white thing 5 big tailor came by one had a go at it but unfortunately he did not land it. Although that got us excited again for a little while. I thank him alot for what i learned tonight plus the wriggly squidgeys he gave me!!!

Cant wait for my next fishing trip still after a big fight with a fish!!!

Watch this space more stories to come

post-21786-056491100 1328087410_thumb.jpg

post-21786-055917100 1328087422_thumb.jpg

post-21786-005955500 1328087843_thumb.jpg

post-21786-033622200 1328087856_thumb.jpg

Well done, its always fun catching fish on plastics, knowing that you've sucked them into taking a fake bait.

my 16 y o daughter also loves fishing with plasticks & often shows me up. Cant wipe the cheeky grin off her face when she does.:biggrin2:

Glad to see girls & women lovimg the sport...:wife:

Excellent result.

The ugly looking character you caught is actually a Numb Fish. Be careful with these they are an electric ray and can give you a nasty shock.

It is actually intersting you caught one im not sure how many people would have seen one up close.

Cheers and tight lines

Kingpig

Thank you all!!! It is great to be somewhere full of postive comments! Most my friends laugh at me. I am really starting to get the knack of fishing and really enjoying the little adventure it brings. I still am managing to squel and laugh when reeling in the fish as well! I dont think the excitment will ever fade!

In regards to the numb ray. Thanks for clearing that up i will know for next time. Don't worry Pa knew about the electric shock and got one as well. I was that excited about catching something different that I wanted to touch it and hold it he was like nooooooooooooooooooooo!!! you cant. I was a little devestated.

Hahaha to you all wanting me to teach you to use soft plastics. I think it is just beginners luck lol. I would not follow my instructions as yet still learning here too!!!

Hi Cheeki,

That big smile says it all.

Not too many girls have the same enthusiasm for fishing as you do.

They are too busy with other things in life to allow themselves to enjoy the outdoors with a fishing rod.

You have discovered it, and while your friends laugh at you, you are actually laughng at them - they don't kow what they're missing.

The good fishing you got is an excellent start to what can only be described as a way-of-life.

If you start fishing early in the morning, you'll see the sun rise out of the ocean as you flick your lure over the seabed, waiting for something to grab it.

Other days you'll see the sky turn dark and goosebumps form on the back of your neck as lightning flashes across the sky.

...but you'll still fish....

...because fishing draws us in like a moth to the flame.

If you ever get yourself on a boat, try burleying up some bread and cast a pilchard fillet into the burley.

When the trevally turn up, convert to a soft plastic lure and THEN you'll hear some sqealing !

You AND the drag on the reel.

And if the salmon and kingies turn up, I guarantee you'll be hooked for life.

Looking forward to your next instalment.

Tony

hahahahah john... I forgot to mention all my little snags didn't I... And yes I have to tie knots alot tighter hahahaha

Thanks Feflapod... I could not agreee more with what you are saying! Alot of people have said it is rare for a female to enjoy so much... But i sure do... Dont worry there will be a new installment coming very soon :)

Thanks again guys :)

hahahahah john... I forgot to mention all my little snags didn't I... And yes I have to tie knots alot tighter hahahaha

Thanks Feflapod... I could not agreee more with what you are saying! Alot of people have said it is rare for a female to enjoy so much... But i sure do... Dont worry there will be a new installment coming very soon :)

Thanks again guys :)

lol its rare for a female to enjoy fishing yet alone soft plastics :1fishing1: