Rock fishing rescue off Yamba

PRED-ATOR

thats one lucky man to have those experienced and brave guys around...

I got a good takeaway from the article - the improvised harness. Tie a jacket around the disabled fisherman's chest and then attach a rope to pull him out. Would never of thought of that, but its a great idea....

Another thing - who wears a lifejacket fishing off a breakwall 8 metres above the water? I have fished off that breakwall many times. Would you wear a lifejacket fishing off the wharf? If not, why not? You can fall and injure yourself on a wharf. ENOUGH SAID!!!

I'm an ex surfie and seen what can happen with waves and rocks.

There is no way I will do rock fishing. I have been washed along the rocks by a rogue wave when the swell was less thana metre. All I got was cuts and scapes, but there is now way any wave should have got near us on that day.

I'm an ex surfie and seen what can happen with waves and rocks.

There is no way I will do rock fishing. I have been washed along the rocks by a rogue wave when the swell was less thana metre. All I got was cuts and scapes, but there is now way any wave should have got near us on that day.

I'm an ex surfer and we used to dive into the surf zone off rocks which had big waves sweeping over them. I have been hit by surfboards, been wiped out loads of times, been injured by getting smashed into the bottom. There is no way I would go surfing today. (I'm too old).

There is inherent danger in many, many 'sports' that we indulge in. What is fine for some is no go for others. If you will never go rock fishing, then that is fine :thumbup::yahoo: I will never bungee jump.

thats one lucky man to have those experienced and brave guys around...

I got a good takeaway from the article - the improvised harness. Tie a jacket around the disabled fisherman's chest and then attach a rope to pull him out. Would never of thought of that, but its a great idea....

+1