Narra Lagoon Entrance

Jewhunter

G'day all ,

Just a quick ? for you northern beaches guys. Does anyone know if the entrance to Narrabeen Lakes is open to the ocean @ the moment?

If we get shite loads of rain as predicted & it's open then I'd like to hit it for a jew spin on Fri/Sat morning.

Thanks guys, Grant. :1naughty:

Here's a couple I've spun up there before.

Might have a look after work if i get time this arvo as im heading down that way if not ill have a look tommorow morning and post the status of it at midday.. :thumbup:

If you dont mind me asking, what type of lures did you spin them up on?

Shads?

sluggos?

Two very good looking fish.. :1clap:

..Rob..

Edited by Trouble

Might have a look after work if i get time this arvo as im heading down that way if not ill have a look tommorow morning and post the status of it at midday.. :thumbup:

If you dont mind me asking, what lure did you spin them up on?

Two very good looking fish.. :1clap:

55204[/snapback]

G'day Trouble, would appreciate it if you could let us know mate. Those 2 fish were spun up on a bastardised popper. a big fat floating popper with a short trace to a swivel with a largish ball sinker between lure & swivel. It was bloody windy & the only way I could get distince on the cast. The sinker pulls the popper down a metre or two under the foam. It's worked for me since then to. Those fish took 5 casts & were 22kg & 18kg.

Look forward to reading your next post,

Grant.

Cheers grant,

Interesting method for the surf and obvisouly a good one as thats a bloody good strike rate.. :thumbup:

Was going to head down tonite and have a go but still got the flu so thinking of heading down friday or saturday..catch a few mullet and pin them through the nose and throw them about for a while.. :thumbup:

get back to you tommorow.. :thumbup:

..Rob..

now thats awsome fishing :1yikes:

i cant handle all these jewie pics :wacko: might just have to join you there :1naughty:

i was thinking the same thing Bung.

Btw Grant, you might be able to find live webcam pics on a beach/surfing site that may show the lake as well

Edited by jewnut

Hi guys, lake was opened by the council yesterday (Mon). Today's Manly Daily has pic of excavator at work. Swell has dropped nicely for beach fishing too. Was three feet at DY this morn. Cheers Bombie

Very nice Jews there, although some years ago, I have heard there are some big ones still getting taken there.

I read in the Manly Daily that the lagoon was open yesterday, apparently there was some flooding around some of the parks. For the guys who fish the beach, could be worth a go at the mouth in the next couple of days.

I'm hoping to give the lake a go soon.

G'day all ,

Just a quick ? for you northern beaches guys. Does anyone know if the entrance to Narrabeen Lakes is open to the ocean @ the moment?

If we get shite loads of rain as predicted & it's open then I'd like to hit it for a jew spin on Fri/Sat morning.

Thanks guys, Grant. :1naughty:

Here's a couple I've spun up there before.

55200[/snapback]

get in there fast as council might get in there and block her up due to the damage that is occuring?