I made the switch

iMick

Got the call today to say my insurance claim has been approved, and I've got a credit of about $1290 to spend on tackle.

I ended up with a 5-9kg Daiwa Spellbinder, which will match nicely with my Shimano Twinpower 5000 (look out Cod and Jews)

A Shimano Saragosa 18000 which will match well with my PE5 rated Pflueger Supreme (look out kings)

And my favourite of the bunch a Daiwa Certate 1003, matched with a 1-3kg Daiwa Spellbinder (look out Bream, Bass, Yellowbelly, Squid)

I was sooo close to adding more money to the budget and upgrading the Saragosa to the biggest Saltiga, but I just couldn't do it, I don't chase enough kings to justify the spend... but wow they look and feel great.

I've never really been a Daiwa man, but what the hell, I'll give them a go. Any feedback on the Spellbinder rods? they are great value for money at $180, fast taper and feel nicely weighted

I'm itching to get back out there, I haven't fished in a month.

Mick

Just read your last thread about them breaking. That's devastating mate but I'm glad insurance came through for you. I've heard of so many insurance companies making it very difficult for contents/accidental damages claims, so hopefully yours wasn't too much of a headache.

Nothing but a good experience with my insurer, little slow to process, but there are flood victims and probably more important claims that needed attention over mine.

The good thing is I got a store credit for the RRP of the goods, but I never payed retail for the good... so I'm in front with more expensive gear that's obviously brand new... I'm cheerin'

Mick