Sydney harbour friday

Guest hawkesbass

Guest hawkesbass

Spent friday night pot holing the south side off the harbour with live beachworms around rose bay and watsons bay basically i would walk the wall off rose bay and throw a bait out every couple off steps and look for bites when i got bites i would stay in the area for 1/2 hour then keep moving on for ten to fifteen metres untill a school was found then work the area untill bites stopped first couple off casts at the sydney end off the wall resulted in a school off pinkies all around ten cms long which is good sign for the snapper stocks when i got to the middle off the wall i came across the first lot off whiting for the night from this school i landed three whiting measuring 33cms and kept one

7b628202-250e-2015.jpg

I kept moving along the wall up too the boat ramp for more pinkies and a small trevally of 20 cms then turned and went back to the car doing the same process which got me one more whiting off 36 cms. When i got back to the car i moved to watsons bay and settled on the beach beside doyles wharf at 2am and decided to fish the run in tide the bites here were every fifteen to twenty minutes apart with first fish caught here a bream off 33cms

7b628203-276b-9cbd.jpg

Then i got more pinkies and a mullet of 25cms the last fish caught was a another whiting off 35cms at around 4 30am the bites had stopped and bait had run out so called it quits and headed home

7b628203-29a5-c2b6.jpg

Cheers trevor