Shootout results - Day 1 & 2 ** now with pictures**

REEF MAGIC CHARTERS

Well the massive striped marlin bite has continued again today with plenty of fish caught. Today for saw us chase the blues wide after the major prize. Pulling a big spread of lures after an hour we hooked a nice fish and with Macca on the rod after 45 minutes we had a nice blue swimming beside the boat. While I traced the fish Steve measured it & it was decided that this fish would more than likely put us in the lead so we bought her aboard. After an accurate measure we decided to head for the weigh station. The fish pulled the scales at 198kg & put Reef Magic in the lead by 0.5kg. With more boats to come in we will just wait and see what happens.

post-6936-064969300 1329698181_thumb.jpg post-6936-062426100 1329698208_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Hi all,,

Well our lead in the comp was crushed by a 236kg blue late yesterday so today we again pulled the big lures in search of a monster. Unfortunately for us we only raised 2 fish and neither would have tipped the scales in our favor.

There was again a great bite on from the middle ground down to south of the car park. There were a number of blues hooked and by reports a couple of big fish lost. Day Release lost a ripper fish and tagged 2 smaller models while Pisces fishing further north of us had a double hookup and tagged the first fish then spent an 2 hours on 60kg line class only to pull the hooks on it. While Tantrum tagged a blue & got 3 solid stripes to 130kg to go with their 2 fish from yesterday. No other big blues were weighed today to our knowledge.

As usual the carpark apparently lived up to its name with plenty of fish & plenty of talk on the radio with boats asking others to move while they were hooked up. I think Gun Runner will win with around 13 fish and runner up will probably be Diversion or The Force with around 10 fish.

Anyway the weather has been great and we will back out next weekend for 4 days. Anyone interested in any charters give me a call on 0407113349.

Cheers

Damo

Edited by Reef Magic Charters

Damo, just out of curiousity whats the current like up there ??

A mate & i headed out off sydney yesterday we managed to hook a nice blue but lost it after a 4hr fight on 24kg, it went deep after a few jumps near the boat & just kept going with the current, its still running quite a bit & has been for over 3weeks probably more :thumbdown:

Damo, just out of curiousity whats the current like up there ??

A mate & i headed out off sydney yesterday we managed to hook a nice blue but lost it after a 4hr fight on 24kg, it went deep after a few jumps near the boat & just kept going with the current, its still running quite a bit & has been for over 3weeks probably more :thumbdown:

Hi scaffsta,

The current where we were was doing about 1.5 knots to the south.

Mate bad luck that's a long fight! How did you end up losing your fish? How deep were you & what lure did it hit? Did you see the fish hit the lure?

Sorry about the questions just trying to work out what you could have done to get it's head up.

Cheers

Damo

G'day mate,

Unfortunately we made the mistake of pushing the drag to far in the end popping the line lost the fish & the lure :ranting2: it hit the short corner, we were watching the lures & just as we looked forward for what seemed about 10secs & zzzzzzzzzzz went the tiagra, we didnt see the fish till he jumped about 6 times & the rest was history.

We hooked it on the shelf in 115 fathoms & lost it out in 160 fathoms, he just went with the current dirty bugger. Theres always next week i guess :(

By the way thats a nice fish you got there mate pitty it got beat.

Cheers.