Narrabeen Lake Saturday 18/2/12

bean

I went for a flick at Narrabeen yesterday. I figured I would give it a shot as I've heard of some decent flatties coming out of the lake recently and without much success wading the lake last weekend I thought id give it another shot. I tried vibes, HBs, soft plastics and fresh prawns yet couldn't hook up with anything worthwhile. It was an uneventful night filled with mostly undersized bream and whiting. I had a couple of big takes, yet they spat the hook after a couple of strong runs. They felt like bream though and they weren't interested in my softies, vibes or ecos (there didn't seem to be a flatty anywhere near me either). I was wading the shore in front of the caravan park and one thing I noticed is how the floor of the lake has changed over just one week. A couple of the gutters I was fishing last week were gone and I struggled to get out as far as I did last time as there were a few big holes that weren't there before. I know sand bottoms change but I didn't think it would be such a significant change over 6 days. We fished from late arvo through to just after midnight and my girlfriend managed the only legal catch being a whopping 29cm bream It was somewhat disappointing but as the saying goes, a bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

I went for a flick at Narrabeen yesterday. I figured I would give it a shot as I've heard of some decent flatties coming out of the lake recently and without much success wading the lake last weekend I thought id give it another shot. I tried vibes, HBs, soft plastics and fresh prawns yet couldn't hook up with anything worthwhile. It was an uneventful night filled with mostly undersized bream and whiting. I had a couple of big takes, yet they spat the hook after a couple of strong runs. They felt like bream though and they weren't interested in my softies, vibes or ecos (there didn't seem to be a flatty anywhere near me either). I was wading the shore in front of the caravan park and one thing I noticed is how the floor of the lake has changed over just one week. A couple of the gutters I was fishing last week were gone and I struggled to get out as far as I did last time as there were a few big holes that weren't there before. I know sand bottoms change but I didn't think it would be such a significant change over 6 days. We fished from late arvo through to just after midnight and my girlfriend managed the only legal catch being a whopping 29cm bream It was somewhat disappointing but as the saying goes, a bad day fishing is better than a good day of work.

I WAS FISHING NARRABEEN LAKES ON 10TH OF FEB AROUND TIDE CHANGE NEAR WOLLIES BRIDGE AND HOOKED UP WITH A 70CM FLATTY, SQUID SEEMED TO WORK WELL THAT NIGHT

Nice effort. I've never had too much success using frozen squid and being landbased its hard to catch them fresh. I might have to give it another go.

Were you on the woolies side of the bridge or the opposite side?

yeah i fished the lake on sunday and didn't get much either, the tide was rubbish a run in you don't get much in the lake when its like that and also every man and his dog was fishing or water skiing was just way to much activity, through the week is always better than weekends. tides should be better later in the week.

• 1 month later...

Hello Team,

Ive decided to finally join up after lurking for a while.

I was debating on heading out to Narrabeen lake possibly tomorrow night or over the weekend (depending on leave pass :P).

I was wondering if anyone can point me out a good land based place on the lake. I’ve noticed people saying near the bridge near woolies but I’m not from the area so i don’t where about that is.

hopefully i will have some happy snaps to share with you all :)

any help at all would be much appreciated

Cheers

Restrel