Another First for son

hornets

We got out & picked up yakkas in the bay before rocketing out to the second FAD for my son who has been at me this year to get a dolly. As we got to pitt street or commonly known as the Wide BB Fad I had no steering. The cable tooth when the boat was going straight broke with no warning. I had to stand at the back of the boat for rest of the day to do the minor turns of the outboard to keep on course. We only stayed for an hour with I dont think I saw anyone with a keeper. My son was happy to have a 500mm dolly grab his 150mm yakka & secure another first. It is great as it was prefect weather to get him out there. We left as soon as the spearers came in . I thought that one boat was going to run them down . There is not a lot of love between them once they get in the water right on top of the fad & scare everything off. We managed to get back & I logged in with coastguard on the way out . they gave me a call on the mobile to check on me & when I told them I had a bit of trouble they showed concern & let me know they had a boat out on the water but told them it wasnt needed . When I logged off back in the bay they said they were trying to call on mobile when I radioed in . It is a great thing they do for us . To top it off we picked up a couple of bonnies on diver at the heads for dinner.

post-11296-034454300 1329644422_thumb.jpg

Edited by hornets