Whale beach 17/18th Feb

weekendfisher

Hey Guys

Set off on Friday night for session off the rocks of whale beach with some mates.

We arrived about 11pm then about a 20 minute walk to our spot.... we set up for the night and baited up it was fairly constant nothing to special but it was enough to keep us interested.

Brought in some yellow tail few trevallies some mackerel and smaller fish which went back.

I also caught a catfish looking thing with a pink color it was about 35cm long not to sure what it was... ill try get a pick i let one of the other boys take it.

Just as first light broke we switched rigs and went out again few of they boys were asleep by this point... so i cast out and about 5 seconds i feel a tug then bang the reel starts running after a bit of a fight i pull up a very nice sized salmon after this all the boys were up and back at it for the next few hours the Bonitos were on like crazy and we pulled in a few more salmon and 2 very legal sized kingies 1 87cm and the other 72cm.

about 9am we decided to call it a day and start packing up.

I fished for a solid 9 hours so no surprise i was exhausted and my legs were tired after we got back but it was definitely worth it and a great way to break in my new rod :)

This is just a pic of what what i took back with me.

post-10117-069182800 1329648831_thumb.jpg

I also caught a catfish looking thing with a pink color it was about 35cm long not to sure what it was... ill try get a pick i let one of the other boys take it.

The fish could be a Beardie, sometimes called a Ling.

Yowie.