Any forex traders on FR?

hottyscotty

I'm searching for an Australian Brokerage firm for forex trading and i was wondering if anyone has experience with an Australian firm?

Reason i'm asking here is brokers keep their eye on all financial forums and place fake reviews! I thought the best place to ask would be outside these forums

I have money on to buy AUD and sell EURO.

I predict the EURO may completely fail and revert back to their old currency.

Not a trader myself, but my oldest schoolmate was the youngest FX trader in the southern hemisphere back in the day - he is a surfer, not a fishraider, but could probably hook you both up...

I have money on to buy AUD and sell EURO.

I predict the EURO may completely fail and revert back to their old currency.

that is a big call!! I think the politics behing the euro will mean the powers that be will do everything they can to ensure its survival...

Edited by dicko

that is a big call!! I think the politics behing the euro will mean the powers that be will do everything they can to ensure its survival...

All of their governments are in huge debt, all across the world actually. There's no one to bail the governments out... Its a huge mess that needs to "reset" (I.e. peak and troughs), instead of trying to delay the inevitable.

Also the Euro was purely formed to compete against the USD, it didn't grow like the USD did, so once it starts to go down, which it already has, I believe it will crash!

that may have been one reason but it was not formed purely to compete with usd... I would have thought the huge cost savings -eliminating exchange rate costs and fluctuation risks- and transparency of inter europe trade would have been other major reasons, as well as presenting a united europe as a trading partner to the rest of the world. And not all the govs are in uncontrollable debt ie germany, britain, france and their main trading partners etc. Who knows you could be right, I guess only time will tell!

Sorry for hijacking this thread!

Edited by dicko

Gday Mate,

Ive been with Go Markets since 2008. I also have accounts with Pepperstone

Ive just started trading on the Pepperstones Raw account. Spreads are fantastic, usually around 0.5 of a pip on average,

Feel free to PM me you like

Balmainbob

Edited by BalmainBob

I can probably help you Scotty. I trade futures myself but if you give me an idea what you're looking for I can probably point you in the right direction.

boattart: i'm trading currencies but i look for the usual. tight spreads, good trading platform and most importantly doesn't lag on trades. hate losing a pip or two when making scalp trades.

Gday Mate,

Ive been with Go Markets since 2008. I also have accounts with Pepperstone

Ive just started trading on the Pepperstones Raw account. Spreads are fantastic, usually around 0.5 of a pip on average,

Feel free to PM me you like

Balmainbob

BalmianBob: Pepperstone website looks great but how are you finding them with your trading?

Edited by hottyscotty

boattart: i'm trading currencies but i look for the usual. tight spreads, good trading platform and most importantly doesn't lag on trades. hate losing a pip or two when making scalp trades.

BalmianBob: Pepperstone website looks great but how are you finding them with your trading?

Gday Scotty.

Ive only just started trading live with Pepperstones raw account and found it a bit daunting when at the end of the week I did my assessment of my trading to see that I had paid just under $2k in commission, but when I did a comparison to Go Markets for the week I found out that with Pepperstone I saved around $680 compared to paying the spread only.

Run a raw demo with them for a few weeks and see what you think.

cheers

Bob

Gday Scotty,

Sorry but I forgot about this thread. As I said I trade Futures including currencies which is one good option as you avoid a lot of counterparty risk and if you've heard anything about what happened with MF Global you would understand why I mention that. I'm actually having lunch today with some mates from when we worked at a bank together one of who was a currency trader and now works for a Hedge fund. He's probably more up to date with the latest systems and I'll check with him for you.