Wyangala dam

benny boi

Gday everyone...

We hit Wyangala on the weekend for a camping/fishing trip.After looking up the weather forcast i admit i wasnt really keen but after ten phone calls from my brother who was hanging to hit the water i folded and threw all the gear in the ute hooked up the boat and we were on our way.We reachd the dam just as the sun was going down so we quickly got the boat in the water and headed to our usual spot to set up camp and have a few :beersmile:. It was a bloody long night as the rain hit us not long after we settled in and the fishing was slow, we only caught one yellowbelly and a few carp for the night.Woke up the next day feeling a little dusty let me tell you :wacko: but the sun was out so it was game on.We started off bait fishing for a few hours landing a few yellas and silver perch and then the carp moved in :thumbdown: so we made the decision to head out for a mid day trolling session and within ten minutes i got smashed at first i called it for an undersized cod but after a minute or so i was like get the net ready mate this is bigger than i firt thought its got a bit of weight and its starting to have a bit of a go.Moments later we had the biggest cod of the trip in the boat.High fives all round :yahoo: .Basically to cut a long story short the rest of the trip we spent trolling hardbodys or casting spinnerbaits resulting in some nice little cod and a few yellas.monday was our last day so we got up early and fished hard searching for another big fella.We had agreed if any of the rods went off we had to hand it straight to my brothers girlfriend who had missed a couple of sessions and stay at camp culling out the carp population.and after an hour or so i got smashed i knew it was another monster but i handed the rod over straight away and after another good battle in came our second mighty murry high fives allround again :yahoo: we were all stoked with our results and after a few pics he was on his way.And that just topped off a fantastic trip,well worth braving the storms for :thumbup: attached are a few pics of the trip.post-19229-082947600 1329899661_thumb.jpg

Cheers ben

post-19229-088232800 1329899483_thumb.jpg

post-19229-031520900 1329899520_thumb.jpg

post-19229-072198600 1329899572_thumb.jpg

post-19229-082692800 1329899622_thumb.jpg

post-19229-033121300 1329899725_thumb.jpg

post-19229-004494800 1329899762_thumb.jpg

seems like anytime i go for the natives of late they are in a state of hybernation, see them on the sounder work'em over pretty thorough. Good goin nice catch, alot of hours spent to get a couple of fish hey? its tough fishin the dams, but then again gettin the fish is only a bonus. well done.