Best Spots For Luderick

Reeso

We caught 14 blackfish on a central coast beach on sunday using live nippers. We were targeting bream and whiting.  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Amazing mate, was the gutter you were fishing near rocks or were they just migrating past the beach and swim into the gutters?

Love pigs on the plate too, top fish.

• 7 years later...

Recently started going for the Luderick down here in Ulladulla... We have a some great spots for bait(Dolphin Point) and good spots for Luderick (Lighthouse,harbour). I've been down the harbour trying for them and had some success, researched a bit on google and went for it. My first hitout got me some good hits and a near hookup, turns out I was using a hook that was just too big. Switched to a No. 10 fly hook on the end of some 4lb flurocarbon and bingo what a fight... First landed was a on the nose legal 27cm... took home, pan fried in butter... lovely. I've found that you need to experiment with depth from 1/2 a mtr to 2 mtrs... depending on the day and the tide you just have to try different depths till you find them. I use a long rod (12ft) that is really a light beach rod and not quite wippy enough but it is what I have. Being this close to Christmas and having 5 kids I have NO fishing budget... lol. All the same I'm having a ball with this kind of targeted fishing and have just picked up some no. 10 square green hooks... green! Right now I trying to figure out how to convince the wife to let me out and abandon her with five kids right on dinner time so I can try my luck with the new hook.. dont like my chances.. only need half an hour (1hr). Tis a bit windy tho.. But then.. I'd fish in a cyclone.. wish me luck!