Windamere Dam

iMick

Got a cracker Yella today, fishing with my good mate Che. 59cm and heavy.

Lost what could have been a Cod of a life time. Flicking a TN50 around with my new Certate 1003 and Daiwa 1-3kg Spellbinder, and got smashed like nothing before, freight train hit, and then what feels like a bricking.... then it moved, shook it's head, and rasped through my 6lb leader.... oh it burns deep. Still not over it. Would have to be a big cod. Caught tonnes of Yellowbelly, and this was like no other.

Very slow day for us over all 5-6 good hit, 2 fish in the boat, and lost a cracker.

Mick

post-10586-099090500 1330164720_thumb.jpg post-10586-029776500 1330164745_thumb.jpg

post-10586-044134800 1330164764_thumb.jpg post-10586-081989700 1330164777_thumb.jpg

Great yellas there Mick, nice and fat fish. I caught a similar sized yella at Lake St Clair last month on a TN50......love the way they shake their head. I feel for you losing the green fish and the TN50.

PS do you still have your Stessco Basstracker?

Cheer Paul

Good to see you out on the water again Mick. 2 bloody nice yellas there, although they are a token consolation prize after dropping a big green fish :mad3: He'll be there for you next mate!

Cheers

Hodgey

Thanks mate, it's been a month off the water, and feels great to get back out there. Windy, for us, is a tough nut to crack. We've been there a number of times and never really had a hot session. We assummed that if in Oct/Nov the yellas are in the shallows then maybe in Feb they've gone deep, and it's worked, both fish caught sitting on the bottom, in 40-50' of water next to an under water tree.

Great yellas there Mick, nice and fat fish. I caught a similar sized yella at Lake St Clair last month on a TN50......love the way they shake their head. I feel for you losing the green fish and the TN50.

PS do you still have your Stessco Basstracker?

Cheer Paul

Thanks mate, they just whack the lure hard, very exciting fish.

Still have my Basstracker mate, and still love it as much as day one, I'd only ever sell it to buy something like GregLs' Contenter, but that's a while off. Do you still have yours?

Edited by iMick

Thanks mate, it's been a month off the water, and feels great the get back out there. Windy, for us, is a tough nut to crack. We've been there a number of times and never really had a hot session. We assummed that if in Oct/Nov the yellas are in the shallows then maybe in Feb they've gone deep, and it's worked, both fish caught sitting on the bottom, in 40-50' of water next to an under water tree.

Thanks mate, they just whack the lure hard, very exciting fish.

Still have my Basstracker mate, and still love it as much as day one, I'd only ever sell it to buy something like GregLs' Contenter, but that's a while off. Do you still have yours?

Thanks mate, it was my PB yellow.

Mick, I stil have my Basstracker and love it. I have dragged it north to the Barra impoundments three times and into the Hunter Bass dams half a dozen times.......certainly has been value for money. I would only sell it for a glass bass boat but that is years away.

Cheers Paul

there is no over exaggeration when mick tells you he lost a big fish, it was like a massive hit, i thought he got snagged, my guess is it was a green fish that didnt know it was hooked until mick gave it some curry, big and heavy.. shame he wasnt using heavier gear, would have been nice to see the fish.. Windy is a dam of a thousand casts, i think the reason why we had a few missed hook ups is because you have done 500 cast before it and dont expect a hit catching you off guard.. big yellas there though, bigger than the juck too and golden to boot.

Che