Today's catch

fishythings

Hi raiders,

I’m posting a report after so long never posted any.

I went to South Coogee today which took 5 minutes drive from my place.

At 10.35am started fishing using white bread from the cliff, it was notwindy at all and the swells were not too big.

First 40 minutes was slow and only caught small drummers and sent themback to grow bigger.

Getting closer to high tide which was 12.28pm there was feeding frenziesand I caught these ones which were pretty entertaining on light gear.

Cheers,

Andy

post-8176-030735900 1330311581_thumb.jpg

Great catch there mate.

Just a quick question. When fishing with bread from the stones, do you use a running sinker (small) straight to the hook, unweighted, below a float?

Ive never used it before but willing to give it a go.

Cheers

Great catch there mate.

Just a quick question. When fishing with bread from the stones, do you use a running sinker (small) straight to the hook, unweighted, below a float?

Ive never used it before but willing to give it a go.

Cheers

Yes, I use running sinker on the main line to the swivel under a running float, then from the swivel to the hook using fluorocarbon leader 10lb 50cm.

Cheers,

Andy

Yes, I use running sinker on the main line to the swivel under a running float, then from the swivel to the hook using fluorocarbon leader 10lb 50cm.

Cheers,

Andy

just a quick question - when you use the bread - do you squash it together to get it into a white dough or do you just hook it in to the original form of the bread?

Ive always tried the squshing into a dough but never any takers.

Thanks

just a quick question - when you use the bread - do you squash it together to get it into a white dough or do you just hook it in to the original form of the bread?

Ive always tried the squshing into a dough but never any takers.

Thanks

Yes, wrapthe hook with the bread then squeeze it firmly.

Cheers,

Andy