sunnies

rubberman

I have a pair of the amaber Spotters and I love 'em!

The grey ones will mute all light levels, good for really sunny days, but the amber ones focus on the harsher light colours and leave the rest.

Since I use mine for driving too, I find the amber ones excellent in both scenarios, especially the high glare times as the sun nears the horizon. Everything actually looks brighter, but not as straining on your eyes.

gidday fishos anyone used spotter sunnies i used the amber tinted ones amazing glasses borrowed from mate had to give back after fishing which is best for sunny day grey or amber anyone recommend cheaper brand for same quality

Hi Mate, Agree the comments about the amber tried both long term amber best option. Unfortunately hard to find glasses as good as Spotters. I dont know any other brands cheaper with the quality. Would not even consider any other brand for fishing.

:1fishing1: /quote]

Edited by troy 1

Fishing sunnies are over rated I think... Just get any that are polarized.

I agree, any polarised pair will work....

Shop around to find a pair of sunnies that you like and ask if they come in a polarised version (will generally cost a little bit more than normal lenses)...

One word....

Fuglies

Bought on line, around $80-$90 delivered. I use them for work and fishing, so I wear them a minimum 6 days a week, got them July last year and still going strong.

Also..... Yes it's true you can get cheap polarised sunnies that do the Job but from experience I've learnt...

At the end of a day of wearing cheap sunnies, some part of your face hurts afterward weather it be top of your nose, top of your ear or back of your ear, primarily because of the crappy mould and cheap plastic...

Secondly, won't be to long before one of the lenses pops out, again and again and again, until you get sick of it, and throw them at someone you don't like.

Thirdly, it Dosnt take much of a knock to crack the frame or break a peice off.

And after spending loads of money on cheap pairs, expensive pairs and the ones in between, I found a tough reliable pair of polarised sunnies in Fuglies, issued to our defense personnel, that in itself says something.

gidday fishos anyone used spotter sunnies i used the amber tinted ones amazing glasses borrowed from mate had to give back after fishing which is best for sunny day grey or amber anyone recommend cheaper brand for same quality

Mate, ive had Makos, Ugly Fish but now have Barz Optics Kelso frame with the amber photochromic lens and they are great. Much cheaper than Spotters and the other brands i mentioned. Look them up and you too will be pleasently suprised!!! :thumbup:

Edited by one armed fisho

I have a pair of artic 1209 spotters with penertrater lenses I highly rate them I use them all day every day as I drive long distance wether its overcast or sunny there great the lenses are tough as well my average sun glass life around 6 months I've had these over 2 years

get to your chemist or cancer council shop for their glarefoil polaroids, $40-50 bucks for reasonable quality in a few different tints. good enough to be good and cheap enough you dont cry too much when you squash em smash em or clean them on your shirt one time too many.

dont forget sunnys are tax deductable if you can justify them for work.

What happens if you need prescription sunnies? The ones I have are just like fashion ones I love them but for fishing the lenses are too small n let too much light in around the sides.

Want some new good ones for fishing but really need prescription

Barz Optics also do prescription polarised...

I wear prescription.

I have a special frame though... it's designed to attach shades on the front of it.

So whenever I drive or go fishing, I attach the polarized shades, works like a dream.

Eliminates glare completely. Hence my earlier post - fishing sunnies are over rated - as I do have them and there's zero difference.