Where to fish at Pittwaters?

5ky

Hi all, friends are planning to hire a boat at palm beach and fish for the day. Just wondering where can I find fishes around the area? Never really fished here before so I'm not sure where to go from there. Attached is the map, the dotted lines ontop are areas where I cannot go past with the tinny we're hiring, the red spot is where we are getting the boat from.

Could someone edit the map I have below where are some good spots for the following

1. Yakkas > where can I get some fresh live yellow tails from

2. Squids > where can I cast some jigs out for squids

3. Kingfish > looking to target this first thing in the morning with fresh squid & live bait

4. Jewies - where are some good holes to cover

5. Breams & any other pelagics

your help is much appreaciated, thanks raiders.

post-10096-044923600 1330406511_thumb.jpg

Hi all, friends are planning to hire a boat at palm beach and fish for the day. Just wondering where can I find fishes around the area? Never really fished here before so I'm not sure where to go from there. Attached is the map, the dotted lines ontop are areas where I cannot go past with the tinny we're hiring, the red spot is where we are getting the boat from.

Could someone edit the map I have below where are some good spots for the following

1. Yakkas > where can I get some fresh live yellow tails from

2. Squids > where can I cast some jigs out for squids

3. Kingfish > looking to target this first thing in the morning with fresh squid & live bait

4. Jewies - where are some good holes to cover

5. Breams & any other pelagics

your help is much appreaciated, thanks raiders.

hey just wondering how much was it to hire a boat there??

would also like to know some spots..always hearing it produces some good fish around there

cheers..kris.

G'day 5ky

For yakkas try 30m off West Head opposite the pillboxes. This is just south of your red no go line. Early morning you will see other boats there for sure. For kings you can try off any of the points along the western side. On another thread there was some recent success at Long Nose Point which is where the Pittwater label is on your map. There has been a fair amount of Bonito and Salmon schools around although it depends on the day.

I'm zero help when it comes to squid. If you find out, let me know.

Cheers, Bart :biggrin2: