Garie Beach

f1shen

I went to Garie beach the other day, and saw some people wetting their lines, as well as surfers, it looked like a great spot.

I think I may have been bitten by the beach fishing bug as a result. Has anyone had much luck at Garie? Any tips or species to target?

Also, is there any etiquette regarding fishing where there are surfers? If you're fishing in a rip, I guess there wouldn't be too many surfers there, but I'm wary of doing the wrong thing and whalloping some poor surfer with a pyramid sinker to the face.

Any thought or comments would be great!

I went to Garie beach the other day, and saw some people wetting their lines, as well as surfers, it looked like a great spot.

I think I may have been bitten by the beach fishing bug as a result. Has anyone had much luck at Garie? Any tips or species to target?

Also, is there any etiquette regarding fishing where there are surfers? If you're fishing in a rip, I guess there wouldn't be too many surfers there, but I'm wary of doing the wrong thing and whalloping some poor surfer with a pyramid sinker to the face.

Any thought or comments would be great!

Im pretty sure you get some salmon on bonitto there?

whalloping some poor surfer with a pyramid sinker to the face.

That's funny to imagine. I caught a flathead on the rocks to the right of the beach, it is a bit of a walk though. Never tried the beach there as there was too many surfers.