Trailer maintanence

Plumb

Hi all, I've decided to give my trailer rollers the once over. My plan is to put the boat in the water and to the works in the parking lot. Just wanted to hear your thoughts on any thing that could bring me in stuck and leave me with the boat in the water and not able to get it back on?

Basically the self loading rollers are all seized so that that don't move freely, I was going to remove ( cut ) out the bolts one by one and replace with new and some grease 3aad5003-185e-bcd5.jpg

The rollers them self seem ok.3aad5003-188f-096a.jpg

Also in the below photo is this piece just to direct the boat onto the centre roller if its not straight? I'll need to re drill it so that it can be fixed in solid

3aad5003-1a0f-4d74.jpg

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Cheers Luke

Edited by Plumb

Take a cordless angle grinder to get any bolts off that may be too rusted

Trailer doesn't look that bad though

Use all new bolts and nuts

And coat the underside of any metal in a coating of grease ie under fish plates or insides of u bolts etc

Take a cordless angle grinder to get any bolts off that may be too rusted

Trailer doesn't look that bad though

Use all new bolts and nuts

And coat the underside of any metal in a coating of grease ie under fish plates or insides of u bolts etc

All done, went like a dream I cant believe the difference in putting the boat on and off ( by myself ) is with rollers that actually roll, didn't think that were actually that bad till now.

Should have done this a while ago

I knlw what you mean. My friend and I were at the ramp. I told him i re did my whole trailer but he didnt think the boat will slide that quickly. At the ramp he un hooked me and the boat just went sliding down fast! Didnt have to reerse and brake.