How quiet is quiet are the new Saltigas

hottyscotty

I know the following question is going to be the same as asking how long is a piece of string, but i'm going to ask anyways.

If you have the latest edition of Saltigas, do you think your Saltiga is quiet?

I've never noticed this before because i've alwasy used my saltiga in a noisy environment. But i was using it in quiet room the other day and i can hear a gear noise or whirring noise. This is opposite to what i've read in reviews and also Daiwa's web page. Whilst the operation is still very smooth, the noise is noticeable as i wind the handle.

I do believe mechanical parts can never be silent but do you think yours is as quiet as Daiwa's claim?

Maybe i'm just paranoid!

Mate thats just the gears meshing, near all digi gear reels have that whirring noise but the bigger reels are louder being bigger gears....

Seem to go quieter the more they are used.

Greg

My paranoia got the better of me and took it straight to Daiwa. It was the clutch that was making the reel quite noisy. Had the clutch swapped out for another one.

Didn't get the name who helped me but he did a great job and made everything the way the reel is supposed to be. Now i'm satisfied!