Muddy Monday

After weeks of waiting and itching to go for a fish basscatcher and I bit the bullet and headed to the racks in wooloware bay hoping we would find some marginally clean water.... weren't we wrong. with the water a "healthy brown" colour we thought our chances would be slim, but still went on the work the racks with hardbodies. We were pleasantly surprised when the first bream fell too my 3B fat dog, wasnt legal but it was the start of what turned out to be a good day.

We mostly stuck to working the racks, finding most fish fell to the 3B fat dogs and atomic cranks. By the end of the day we ended up with 11 legal bream, biggest was 36cm (basscatcher) and smallest was on legal. Overall a really good day and some what unexpected.

Will post photos soon.

Cheers Bassboy

Thought I would add to Bassboys report with the photos from our checky Monday session:

- The average water temp was 22degrees, although when we started the water temp was as low as 21.2degrees.

- We had success during both the run in and the run out tide, although the bulk of the bigger fish were taken during the run out tide.

- The successful lures were 3B Fat Dogs, Atomic Baby Cranks and Cultiva Mira Shads.

- Unfortunately we had no luck with our surface lures.

I was actually surprised that the water was not as dirty as I had expected and it was certainly cleaner in Woolooware Bay compared to the Georges River. We were expecting continuously fouled hooks on our HB lures due to debris in the water, however it did not happen once during the session.

You will notice that we are wearing rain jackets in the last photos due to showers blowing through during the last 2hours of the session :1badmood: . We also got soaked from a quick rain squall that hit us all the way back to the boat ramp, luckily the rain was warm :biggrin2: .

Despite the rain it was a great day on the water, all the more enjoyable by the fact that all the fish were wrestled from the oyster racks without the loss of a single HB lure :wacko: .

The first fish from the racks on a glorious morning:

post-12960-081407600 1331637641_thumb.jpgpost-12960-077116600 1331637691_thumb.jpg

We caught a number of small bream and flatties before this one later in the morning:

post-12960-099009500 1331637730_thumb.jpg

This big bream was taken from deep in the racks as the tide started to run out:

post-12960-094621100 1331637785_thumb.jpgpost-12960-048234700 1331637804_thumb.jpg

The bream kept biting during the rain and these fish were some of the larger fish:

post-12960-010335900 1331637831_thumb.jpgpost-12960-038230800 1331637865_thumb.jpg

post-12960-011031500 1331637878_thumb.jpg

cheers Basscatcher

Edited by Basscatcher

Nice work lads, just between you and me, I reckon the fresh has pushed em all east Captain cook....water looks really brown west of tom ug's but funny i noticed a few fishing busting up on the surface as i drove to work on monday morn just near the marina on the northern side of tom ug's. Prob just tailor but i hadn't seen much surface action west of captain cook (other than breambo's, ep's and whiting on the flat or in the reaches etc) I reckon all this rain has really thrown the fish and they don't know whether they are coming or going atm.

Poddy we didnt see to much action on the surface heading out from the wonny, it was pretty brown all the way, i reckon your right with the fish not knowing what they want to do though. I do also think its a great time to fish the racks in wooloware, i think a lot of fished would have been pushed up but the muddy water is making them a little more aggressive. Also gives us anglers a chance and use heavier leader :thumbup:

Well done, guys! Isn't it fun fishing all that structure!! Just chuck it near & HANG ON!! They are always there, hiding under the racks & behind the poles!

Roberta

I agree Roberta, the Bream gave a good account for themselves from amongst the racks and poles. I have previously donated plenty of HB lures to the Woolooware Bay racks, but this time the fishing gods were kind and we didn't loose any.

Sounds like a great session guys. Lucky you found your window to act. I've been out of action for weeks and was hoping to get out this weekend but looks like it's another miss!

Sounds like a great session guys. Lucky you found your window to act. I've been out of action for weeks and was hoping to get out this weekend but looks like it's another miss!

Hi Pmak, I noticed that it has been a while since your last report. It looks like next weekend will be no better for fishing.