greenwich wharf

kris22

went out to greenwich ferry wharf lastnight hoping to hook onto a nice jew...didint work out well for me or the other 25 people that where doing the same thing.

nothing at all not even a baby bream..

25 other people!!! that's your problem right there,

every time the fish would start to bite someone will cast making a huge splash into the water scaring everything away!!!

Honestly if I am at a spot thats crowded I usually dont even bother with it and try to have a plan B.

out of curiosity have you managed any good catches off Greenwich Wharf Before?

I have only been there to catch yakkas and then try near the sailing club if its not too crowded!

Regards,

Nathan

25 other people!!! that's your problem right there,

every time the fish would start to bite someone will cast making a huge splash into the water scaring everything away!!!

Honestly if I am at a spot thats crowded I usually dont even bother with it and try to have a plan B.

out of curiosity have you managed any good catches off Greenwich Wharf Before?

I have only been there to catch yakkas and then try near the sailing club if its not too crowded!

Regards,

Nathan

yeah i think that is the problem its just way too over crowded...i have never personally caught any jews there but been there when mates have and have witnessed other people get close to the 10kg mark..seems like a pretty good spot but too many people there seems to be the only problem..ive always used the fresh squid but for bait for jews..but i do see alot of yakkas swimming around the warf so might give it a go next time with a yakka

I use to fish Greenwich wharf alot with lie yakkas !! Easy as !! Get there setup catch a live rig it up send it out then wait u loose that catch another livey n go again! They are that easy to catch down at greenwich ! I caught a few Jew there on livies from 5kg-9kg ! But only problem is it's usually packed !! As in 20 fishos at a time so I use to fish there really late at night on a weekday !! But doin that 3 times a week really wares u out considering I finished at 5:30 am n get to work by 7:30 !! Usually when it's jus you or only a couple of fishos u notice the fishing is alot better if no hook ups ull atleast get a run or 2 !! But when it's packed don't even bother !! Mission to get a good spot and ontop of that some people that fish there are real a$$holes !!

So be careful fishing there mate, always go with a friend n tbh don't even bother when there is that many fishos out on the wharf !! U could almost try jefferey st for livies n go deploy them under the harbour bridge !! Anyways this post is getting a bit big !!

Good luck n hope this info helps !!

Cheers,

Jeremy