Help with Eagle fish mark 320 readings

weekendfisher

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is the right place so feel free to move it if not.

Just after some help with my fish finder it is an Eagle fish mark 320 i have jut taken it off my old boat and fitted it to my new one after doing this i am getting wrong depth readings from the sensor, I have it sitting on the trailer about 2FT off the ground but the display shows me 7FT it does change when i lift or lower the boat but is about 5 FT out at all times.

If anyone can tell me how to adjust the sensor or reset the unit i would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hey,

Yeah i am running it out of water, it used to read correctly when it was out of water.

I finally found the manual for it and it says i can adjust the offset to compensate for the location on the transom so i will try using that.

I just want it accurate so i can use the low water alarm and have it reading correclty.

Cheers

Most sounders wont work correctly out of water due to the air gap between transducer and the ground. surprised you say it worked good out of water before.

my furuno 585 wont read anything out of the water

it also damages the crystal embedded in the epoxy as it doesnt have water around it to cool it

Edited by Juggs