Trailer lights

PRED-ATOR

Hey guys,

Think im having an earthing problem with my trailer lights.

One break light will go on at a time.

Any electricians or anything that can help me with it at a good price?

Will this require a re-wire?

Thanks guys

Interesting that. My blinkers do something similar,they work then they dont then they work then they dont then they work,dont,work,dont,work,dont!!:Funny-Post:

I had an issue with the brake light too. After a few attempts, checks and switching the cables I've found that one of the cables was faulty: was occasionally giving 8-9V of power. Intermittently.

I opted for new cabling and plugs for about $50 (incl. small parts) and I managed to do the job (without a a Dr. Or Master title in Electronics)

When you pull out the old cables, make sure that, before you pull them out, that you connect the new cables to them, so that you wont have problems in getting the new cables from the plug to the lights.

Dont know if this will help but my old lights use to have the same problem if u move the connection around the 1 that plugs in from car to boat 1 use to go on and off just wiggle it in and out with the hazards on and get some to look at the back and see if it makes a difference sometimes the pins in the car connector are squashed to much just need a screw driver to open them up

Hay PREDATOR. Have you got standard globe type lights or led's?

What happens when you put a blinker on and put your foot on the brake at the same time?

If the brake lamp or all stop/tail/flash stop working, or all the globes flash very dimly, it will be an earthing problem.

PM sent.

Hey mate. Check your 7 pin plug. Grab the one that doesnt work and wire it to the plug that works and see if it lights up. If it does change the plug. Its easy to do. Could be the plug on your trailer or on the car. They are only $7 a plug. If that doesnt solve it buy some LEDs. They are pretty good. Get it over and done with and say bye bye to changing light bulbs.