Fly Fishing in Eucumbene

huckfinn

Hello,

I've been trout fishing a few time but i've only just recently begun flyfishing. I was wondering if anyone had any hints, tips regarding flys and techniques i should use. I will be fishing Anglers Reach at Lake Eucumbene for a day trip so will be keen to at least a get a bite on the fly. I've caught carp and redfin on fly but no trout. I have a collection of dry, wet and nymphs but will be willing to get some more if anyone knows some good ones.

Cheers, Jeremy

Hey there Jeremy,

Best advice I could give is stop in at the local tackle shops or look up their web sites. One just south of Cooma comes to mind, not sure if I can mention them in here. Even the Caravan Parks will give you info. There are a lot of fish being caught in Eucy at the moment on fly in the evening and mornings. My mate is slow retrieving nymphs in black and green at the moment and catching a few good browns and rainbows. Will be down there next week to give it a go myself. Good Luck.

Paul

On Strike

Cheers mate.

I went there on Sunday and managed 5 rainbows on powerbait but none on fly. I flyfished throughout the day including morning and evening and got nothing. I tried a little brown nymph, mudeye pattern, bead head wooly bugger, matuka and Mrs Simpson.

Jeremy