Gloomy day at TCD

tjp29

Hi all

First post on the forums, love the site!

Had a day off today so made the drive from Gosford to TCD. I originally planned to be there for first light but the fog on Bells Line was unbelievable and slowed me down by at least an hour. Got to the dam around 7am, no one else there and a fair few fish moving in close along the eastern shore. At about 7:30 the fog and drizzle closed in and the fish went quiet (so much for clear skies as forecasted). I walked round to the back of the dam, no fish except for a follow by a small rainbow. By that time the fog and drizzel got the better of me and I made the walk back to the car. Although unsuccessful this time it sure was great to have the place to myself with just the roos for company. A quick stop at Lake Lyell on the way home yeilded a small rainbow that put up a good fight. Better than working!

post-19216-046720700 1332403023_thumb.jpg

P.S. ever get the feeling you are being watched when you have a place to yourself? That happened to me this morning and when I turned around a big black goat was staring at me through the trees. I assume he came from a nearby property?

its a great place to be isnt it,

and yeah ive ha that feeling there too lol,

i cant help but thinking about the (so called) lithgow panther when im there alone and after dark it gets even eerier hehe,

so peaceful though,

bad luck on the fish mate its been tough lately up there,

Hi tjp29,

Sounds like you had a tough day mate. It can be that way up there quite often.

I've had it pretty tough at times at TCD, but persistence does pay off, and I've gotten some cracker fish after digging deep and doing the hard yards.

Here's hoping your next trip up there will be more fruitful!

Keen to get back, and put some numbers on the board.

Two blanks in a row for me, gotta break the cycle!

Are you gonna try a sinking line?

I really think you'll do well If you do. Although I didn't last week!!! Oops!

Edited by foolforjesus

Keen to get back, and put some numbers on the board.

Two blanks in a row for me, gotta break the cycle!

Are you gonna try a sinking line?

I really think you'll do well If you do. Although I didn't last week!!! Oops!

bummer man could do with the company, i cant make it sunday as im starting new shift early monday morning,

and yes im going to fish the hopper dropper untill about 11.30 then change it over to a sinking line for the midday session then if im still full of beans il go back to the hopper for the arvo.

might even head up to the portland pub for a feed then do a late arvo evening session again.

Good on ya Lee, go get em!!!

Tame that Mighty Brown Trout!!!

I'll be up for sure next Saturday, so we'll have to catch up then if your up there.

Try a fast retrieve on your sinking line, with a larger minnow style fly if you have one (something with some flash on it)

Try to emulate a bait fish.

For some reason I didn't try that last week. I wish I had of done.

Give that trusty green nymph a crack down deep too.

Tight lines mate!

Edited by foolforjesus