Port Kembla

The Incredible Hull

Hi Guys,

I've been told there are nets at the break wall, port kembla, land based fishing.

Can anyone please confirm if this is true? I plan to go tomorrow.

Cheers,

dave

should be ok mate

mick

check your pm

hey guys and mick,

Went to the breakwall on Friday morning, no nets :thumbup:

Unfortunately my mate did not bring the pillies :ranting2: so we were stuck with using my prawns.

I had a peeled prawn under a float with a 3/0 hook. Only thing we caught were small fish, didn't expect much anyway with prawns.

I'm not sure what this fish is, I think its a morwong? Can someone confirm. Caught about 6 of these, all throw backs, they were only about 20cm in length.

I still had a good day out, beats working!

Anyone know where I can get yakkas from, around the breakwall area?

post-18882-050089600 1332648343_thumb.jpg

cheers,

dave

hey dave,

i call them pests/butterfish/dart.....i not exactly sure of the name really, all i know is that they steal the bait intended for yakkas lol. i dont think its a morwong, have you tried posting the photo in the "what is this fish" thread??

try the wharf or the walls (any) for the yakkas, burley is a must i find. i use either bread, prawn, squid, cut up yakka to get my yakkas on a size 12 hook. the fish you caught will prob annoy you while trying to get your yakkas but keep at it, if you see yakkas they will eventually beat the dart to the bait lol.

Mick

hey guys and mick,

Went to the breakwall on Friday morning, no nets :thumbup:

Unfortunately my mate did not bring the pillies :ranting2: so we were stuck with using my prawns.

I had a peeled prawn under a float with a 3/0 hook. Only thing we caught were small fish, didn't expect much anyway with prawns.

I'm not sure what this fish is, I think its a morwong? Can someone confirm. Caught about 6 of these, all throw backs, they were only about 20cm in length.

I still had a good day out, beats working!

Anyone know where I can get yakkas from, around the breakwall area?

post-18882-050089600 1332648343_thumb.jpg

cheers,

dave

It's a Sweep.