Bonnies at Rosville

farizzy

Headed out yesterday off Rosville, Turned the corner and saw birds diving and bait getting smashed,

had a plastic on and first cast a screaming run and that tail beat off a bonny. Had it on for 5 min and dropped it, missing tail on the plastic.

i quickly tied a metal slug on and bang, mate they go hard, got him in after a great fight, i located the school again and had moved 100mt or so and saw a boat towing a biscuit heading straight for it,. He drove straight through it and pushed teh bait down, killa. I tried trolling around to find them again but no good. Ah well got 1 and a nice feed of sushi.

post-19517-033798500 1332748987_thumb.jpg

post-19517-096819100 1332749001_thumb.jpg

Headed out yesterday off Rosville, Turned the corner and saw birds diving and bait getting smashed,

had a plastic on and first cast a screaming run and that tail beat off a bonny. Had it on for 5 min and dropped it, missing tail on the plastic.

i quickly tied a metal slug on and bang, mate they go hard, got him in after a great fight, i located the school again and had moved 100mt or so and saw a boat towing a biscuit heading straight for it,. He drove straight through it and pushed teh bait down, killa. I tried trolling around to find them again but no good. Ah well got 1 and a nice feed of sushi.

Wll done on the bonnie, pity about the clown on the biscuit, & by the way if it's not wrapped in rice it's actuaslly sashimi not sushi. cheers :biggrin2:

Roseville bridge ramp closed for 6 weeks after Easter? Where Do I get the boat in for the Fishing competition? Tunks Park ?@#%@:ranting2::1badmood::ranting2::1badmood:

which fishing comp are you talking about mate?

i haven't been in once since i was about 12 would be keen to get out and have a crack :1fishing1:

Yeah they had signs up at the booth. I spoke to the guy there and they said they were cleaning the ramp and putting in a bigger floating pontoon.

He said its ok because its during the quite season, I said mate its just starting to fire hahaha. Where is the closest ramp. Maybe Cammeray?????

Gents,

That action is exactly what I am looking for but now you've got me upset. I am dragging my boat 500km to Forestville in the 1st week of the holidays to spend some special time with the kids, hopefully getting smoked on kings and any surface action still running. It's only 5 mins to Roseville ramp. Can anyone tell me the dates they intend to close it for? I am sure they wouldn't be that dumb to close it in the holidays :wacko:

Cheers,

Brian.

How do I combine "The ramp will be closed from 10th April for approximately 6 weeks." and "Pirtek Fishing Challenge — Sunday, April 15 2012".

I suppose I have to get up SUPER-EARLY and head to Tunks park. :1badmood::1badmood::1badmood:

Whyyyyyyyy ??

And could someone tell the folk that motoring on the trailer has a huge (negative) impact on the ramp.

Lets hope they build toilets too ....

Well I was wrong, they are that silly. It's great that they are going to do a major upgrade but, you'd think the blokes who plan these things might have at least some idea LOL. Easter and school hols would have to be the most popular time of year to get your boat on the water.

Anyawy I'll still be out there. Anyone who sees a big grey tinnie with "The Hool'lum"on the side give us a wave. Will be down from 8th to the 13th.

Thanks for the info.

Cheers,

Brian.

Well I was wrong, they are that silly. It's great that they are going to do a major upgrade but, you'd think the blokes who plan these things might have at least some idea LOL. Easter and school hols would have to be the most popular time of year to get your boat on the water.

If they consider the boating people needs like they consider the upgrade timing, they might build the pontoon on the other side of the water.

What exactly was wrong (except for little space on the jetty/pontoon) with the ramp? Ok maybe remove the rocks on the side (was always scared to touch them when launching from the side)

Maybe you can "walk" your boat to the pontoon now?

Double pontoon (one left and one right (one to get out, one to come back in?)

We'll see in .... June ?

If they consider the boating people needs like they consider the upgrade timing, they might build the pontoon on the other side of the water.

What exactly was wrong (except for little space on the jetty/pontoon) with the ramp? Ok maybe remove the rocks on the side (was always scared to touch them when launching from the side)

Maybe you can "walk" your boat to the pontoon now?

Double pontoon (one left and one right (one to get out, one to come back in?)

We'll see in .... June ?

"If they consider the boating people needs like they consider the upgrade timing, they might build the pontoon on the other side of the water." :wacko:

You're right but, I guess we should be glad they are making an effort. Like you said, a toilet or two wouldn't hurt. Just a shame they are doing ti then. Can't really see the sense in that, it's only another week and a bit and school will be back. There's no way Tunks park will handle the extra boats in the holidays. I might come next week instead.

Edited by Brian