My first ever Carp

G'day Guys,

Attached are some photos of me and two mates from work (Corne' & Chris) fishing yesterday after work down the crappy old canal that runs behind our work.

My mate Corne' and I ride our bikes at lunch time down along the canal for some light exercise. We came across this pond at the end of the canal and spotted these Carp swimming around. I could not believe they were there in this crappy old canal??. I took bread down the next ride to see how many I could stir up with some burley. I could not believe my eyes at how many and there size were lurking in the depths of this shitty pond filled with old cars and shopping trolleys.

So a plan was hatched to go fishing for them and attached are the photos of the result. They turned out to be pretty hard to hook. I have a theory that with all the rain and run off they are a little over feed at the moment. So bring on some dry weather and I hope this will give us a better result in the quantity of fish caught??

I was fishing with some light gear 6'6" Daiwa graphite rod with a small Shimano Stradic 1000 size real and 4Lb line. I bought the rod second hand off a good friend of mine and this was the first time I have used it. It was also the first time I have ever fished for Carp. Wow what a great rod with fantastic feel and bring on the next carp. Now these fish put up a great fight on this gear and I cant wait for the next fight with these big buggers. Not a bad way to finish the working day two minutes from work!!

P.S. The only bummer for the day was we wanted Corne' to get a fish but he is going to have to try again next time!!!

P.S.S. Please note in the photo our little mate Corne walking along Smitty's rod!! :074:

Great arvo thanks guys!!!

Kind regards,

Scottakasid.

post-9357-083053900 1332894204_thumb.jpg

post-9357-091012400 1332894130_thumb.jpg

post-9357-080101100 1332893851_thumb.jpg

post-9357-047577400 1332894156_thumb.jpg

Where abouts is that mate?

If its not top secret of course lol!

They fight hard the old carp!

Beautiful fish, and good sports. Don't know whether you released them, but the "kill, kill, kill" rednecks will no doubt tell you that your old cars and shopping trollie infested waterhole would be magically repopulated with Murray cod and Yellowbelly once the resident carp are exterminated...

If there's any larger specimens, I'd go for heavier gear than 4lb b/s. Carp are hard-fighting sports fish and serious carp anglers hoping to catch anything in double figures will use 10lb line minimum. Especially with snags in the water, and old cars and shopping trollies count...