Georges river afternoon

issue

Hi, went out for the tide change on the Georges this afternoon flicking plastics. Half an hour into it and Im on with good weight and big head shakes. Knew it was a jewie but was guessing at the size and some good hard runs later had a nice fish slipping into the net. Went 80cm and was released in kicking condition. Nooice! About 3 casts later and another solid hookup, felt heavy but it couldn't pull the drag of its mate and lo and behold it came up a nice big girl croc. The net was back in business and a 70cm croc was lip gripped and released. Sorry no photos but I was on my own and wanted to get them back in the water as quick as possible. Pity, I never get them when I have company. Anyway,feeling very happy with myself tonight. The lure of choice was a 5 inch Gulp jerkshad in pearl white on 12 lb leader, Branzino 3000 and Loomis stick. Noice!

Saw a couple of big fish boofing on the top and I think they were jewies... Do they surface bite? They were way too big for salmon and sounded like a barra does.

Got the 2 kilo stick out later and got dusted by another jewie, bugger. That will teach me. It shut down after the tide change but that's ok. Hope this is a sign of things to come.

Wow outstanding session mate, you have obviously found a good hole. Good on you for releasing the fish, especially the breeder croc. How was the water condition and temperature?

I have not heard of jewies boofing, but I could imagine they would if there is bait near the surface.

Cheers, Paul

The water was ok, better than its been. Couldnt see my fish till they were about 10 feet from the boat. Dont have a temp on my sounder. Fair bit of current and muddy swirling at my spot. Got the fish at 2pm on a sunny day.....very pleasant.

Hi, went out for the tide change on the Georges this afternoon flicking plastics. Half an hour into it and Im on with good weight and big head shakes. Knew it was a jewie but was guessing at the size and some good hard runs later had a nice fish slipping into the net. Went 80cm and was released in kicking condition. Nooice! About 3 casts later and another solid hookup, felt heavy but it couldn't pull the drag of its mate and lo and behold it came up a nice big girl croc. The net was back in business and a 70cm croc was lip gripped and released. Sorry no photos but I was on my own and wanted to get them back in the water as quick as possible. Pity, I never get them when I have company. Anyway,feeling very happy with myself tonight. The lure of choice was a 5 inch Gulp jerkshad in pearl white on 12 lb leader, Branzino 3000 and Loomis stick. Noice!

Saw a couple of big fish boofing on the top and I think they were jewies... Do they surface bite? They were way too big for salmon and sounded like a barra does.

Got the 2 kilo stick out later and got dusted by another jewie, bugger. That will teach me. It shut down after the tide change but that's ok. Hope this is a sign of things to come.

I hope you are not referring to the usual company you keep at this particular location. The lads at work are still yet to see a photo of any of your fish.

Edited by Hakuna Matata

Jewies will hit the surface, especially at night time. Have heard them in Port Hacking at night time hitting the schools of mullet, and quite often will hear a big tail slap as they come up under the mullet swimming on the surface.

Yowie.