Fishing trip fail - anyone work for holden?

locodave

Was a beautiful weekend so decided to take my family out on the boat. Since I am always fishing, I never take them. Decided to take them to Wangi Wangi. Love that place.

I put the boat in and made my mother and sister hold the boat for half an hour while I went to change the rollers on my trailer. Only got 3 done and started to feel bad so made my way back. My sister was impatient haha, just wanted to get in the boat so I decided to hold the boat and they went in. My father then arrived.

We all set up to the channel at swansea and we all caught fish. Was exciting for them as they have never fished before. Landed few bream and tailor giving acrobatic displays! Then I feel something in my pocket. Mind you I have been in the water casting of the bank. My car key. I knew it was gone.

Get back to the ramp at 9 go to open my car and of course the alarm goes off. But I thought once I turn the key and start the car it will turn off. Like previously. But of course it won't coz the chip in the key is dead and the car doesn't recognise it. Anyway to cut the story short. I only have that one key. The car is still stuck in Wangi Wangi and needs to get towed to holden which is about 30km! It's actually my fathers car. So he is trying to sort that out today. I feel bad! But at least they had a good trip! Got home 3am haha

Was a beautiful weekend so decided to take my family out on the boat. Since I am always fishing, I never take them. Decided to take them to Wangi Wangi. Love that place.

I put the boat in and made my mother and sister hold the boat for half an hour while I went to change the rollers on my trailer. Only got 3 done and started to feel bad so made my way back. My sister was impatient haha, just wanted to get in the boat so I decided to hold the boat and they went in. My father then arrived.

We all set up to the channel at swansea and we all caught fish. Was exciting for them as they have never fished before. Landed few bream and tailor giving acrobatic displays! Then I feel something in my pocket. Mind you I have been in the water casting of the bank. My car key. I knew it was gone.

Get back to the ramp at 9 go to open my car and of course the alarm goes off. But I thought once I turn the key and start the car it will turn off. Like previously. But of course it won't coz the chip in the key is dead and the car doesn't recognise it. Anyway to cut the story short. I only have that one key. The car is still stuck in Wangi Wangi and needs to get towed to holden which is about 30km! It's actually my fathers car. So he is trying to sort that out today. I feel bad! But at least they had a good trip! Got home 3am haha

Damn dude that must have been fustrating!

Holden will charge you a stupid amount of money, for any type work... they are complete rip offs, and their products are not even 100%... I own a HSV myself... they are poorly built.

Anyway, to save you a bit of money, go to those places that cut keys. They can do it for 10 times less than what Holden charges.

Cheers,

dave

Anyway, to save you a bit of money, go to those places that cut keys. They can do it for 10 times less than what Holden charges.

Cheers,

dave

Definatly the way to go. I have a VY & needed a new key. Rang one of the onsite (mobil) locksmith , came to my house , cut a new key , all fixed for not a lot of $$$$.

Geoff