Report from The Entrance Channel

Thumperbream

Went out this morning to the Entrance channel with a mate of mine. Were on the northern shoreline closest to the ocean from Dunleith's caravan park. Got there about 8:15am and water appeared to be still coming in which contradicted 6:45am high tide but not sure how much difference Tuggerah lake is compared with Sydney. First hour did no good and moved to another spot for no result, plenty of weed on the bottom at the wharf just inland from the entrance bridge.

We decided to go back to the northern shoreline hoping that the water movement had stopped. I was using soft plastics and my mate used bait (prawn and worms). First cast on the retrieve and BANG I was on, pulled in a nice 40cm flathead to kick start our day. I was hoping for a quick session of a few more but it wasn't to be.

The water flow picked up again with the tide going out and I couldn't match it with my light gear. I moved across to bait as well with a heavier sinker. My mate hooked a nice legal whiting, before I pulled in a smaller whiting and a just undersize flathead. My mate pulled in a few more smaller whiting and we both foul hooked a small toad fish which blew up with his spikes showing, nasty if you got stuck by one.

All in all a bit disappointing as I had high hopes on the way down there this morning. Next time Im going to go out in my small tinny and explore a few more spots via boat (any suggestions).

In saying that it was a great day by the lake, great weather, little wind and warm water and a couple of legal fish that my mate will be cooking up tonight.

Went out this morning to the Entrance channel with a mate of mine. Were on the northern shoreline closest to the ocean from Dunleith's caravan park. Got there about 8:15am and water appeared to be still coming in which contradicted 6:45am high tide but not sure how much difference Tuggerah lake is compared with Sydney. First hour did no good and moved to another spot for no result, plenty of weed on the bottom at the wharf just inland from the entrance bridge.

We decided to go back to the northern shoreline hoping that the water movement had stopped. I was using soft plastics and my mate used bait (prawn and worms). First cast on the retrieve and BANG I was on, pulled in a nice 40cm flathead to kick start our day. I was hoping for a quick session of a few more but it wasn't to be.

The water flow picked up again with the tide going out and I couldn't match it with my light gear. I moved across to bait as well with a heavier sinker. My mate hooked a nice legal whiting, before I pulled in a smaller whiting and a just undersize flathead. My mate pulled in a few more smaller whiting and we both foul hooked a small toad fish which blew up with his spikes showing, nasty if you got stuck by one.

All in all a bit disappointing as I had high hopes on the way down there this morning. Next time Im going to go out in my small tinny and explore a few more spots via boat (any suggestions).

In saying that it was a great day by the lake, great weather, little wind and warm water and a couple of legal fish that my mate will be cooking up tonight.

Did you try under the bridge mate?

Didnt try under the bridge today. Saw a few boats there. Have you had much success under the bridge. When Im in my boat next time I'll anchor up somewhere under there.

Yeh its been alrite the last couple of days, still getting some flatties on soft plastics and have even caught a couple of good sized bream on prawns.

I fished there Tuesday afternoon ,the beach fishing well

I caught 3 bream keepers, 2 whiting keepers and 3 small whiting ,

Next time u there give the beach a go, one fella there was catching heaps of fish , he was casting far away with a beach rod, in fact he had 6 beach rods...

Cheers

I was there lat Sunday and landed 2 40cm flatties, let them go. Went today and the outgoing tide was charging! No fish in the mouth of the channel, only some dumb swimmers!

I am keen to try the boat approach on Monday. Anyone got some spots they care to share?