Land based sess on botany bay break wall.

sean221

So lately i havnt gone for a fishif session due to moving houses. I also lost my sp rod at parramata park bwhind lwgues club. Dammit! But the mrs decided to get me a new sp outfit. Thanks babe!

The outfit i had lost was a 7 ft 2 to 4 rate sp rod with a symetry 2500 reel lined up with. 1 lb braid and 4 lb fc leader. Very light outfit.

My new rod i stepped up the bulk abit with a 3to6 rating and a 2500 shimano cazna lined with 6 lb braid and 8 lb fc leader. The rod is a decent 7 ft silstar arctic. New rod that came out and i got it at a vry good price. Feels nice and ligh aswell.

So the day startd off nice and calm headed to the bay that was crystal clear and quiet. I setled the mrs and my son down and headed for the breakwall nearby to throw around a wriggler sp. Standing ontop o the breakwall i could just see everyhing in the water . Simply amazing sight. I could see the weed growig and all the little fish swimming by. Unfortunately no hits on the sp. I i hit up the good old squid jig in fluro pink and first cast 2 decent sized squid hased the jig down. But didnt grab it. Second cast ans the bigger of the two watched it and then bang i was on! Bless this new rod! With the squid pulling line out it squirted a hell load of its ink out, taking some line aswell as the drag wasnt set too tight. Short two minutw fight and up it came. It went around the 30 cm mark and had nice beutiful colours. I pulled it up realising i shouldve braught a net i carried it over to the mrs, unforunately it fell out of m hands onthe way and landed in the crevSes back into the wTer. I cursed out loud and the few people that were swimming all looked at me as i tried to see where it went :s the tenticles were still on the jig so i braught it over to the mrs to scare her. Hahaha.

After working my way around the wall i saw something on the surface swiming slowly, i ran over to see what it was and it was a monster! I couldnt see really what it was but t was black/ dark grey in colour with sort of a fAt head and dorsal fins sort of resembling a shark. I quickly ran to my tackle box and switched to a sp and threw at it a few times with it swimming toward it and loosing interest. I was spewing!! Woulddve put a fun fight with light gear. So instead i just wat hed it swim around into the distance. All in all grat scene for fishig. Looks like a very good blackfish spot which i might have a go next time. Uys have any clue to what the fish was? It was just swimming slowly on the surface. It wasnt a salmon or kingfish thats fir sure, but mabe some sort of shark it reminded me of a cobia, but really i have no idea.

Anyways im writing too much thanks for reading!

Sean221

• 1 month later...