Port Hacking

Krispy !

Hey raiders,

Headed out early this morning to the Hacking with my old man and my brother to see what was around. It was quiet early with heaps of small tailor not letting our baits get down below 1m. I changed tactics and started using bread on 2lb leader and a small hook and got a nice bream around 27cm and 2 decent mullet in succession. After the tide turned my dad and brother got stuck into some sizeable bream while i spotted a few blackies lurking around, burleyed up with bread and saw some bruisers coming through some of them easily 40cm+ so i floated a small piece of bread down and sure enough one of the bigger ones came up and scoffed it, i was outgunned from the start and the fight was over in about 10 seconds. While i was re rigging my brother hooked up to a decent trevally which after a short tussle measured 41cm. Things slowed down after that with the odd bream here and there and as we were packing up we met Gary Brown as he came past flicking plastics at the moorings.

All up it was a nice day on the water with a few nice fish as well. :thumbup:

That's what I like to see, some fish being caught. Would have given you some fun, and a feed if you kept them.

Probably won't be fishing myself until the weekend has gone. Too many lunatics about.

That's what I like to see, some fish being caught. Would have given you some fun, and a feed if you kept them.

Probably won't be fishing myself until the weekend has gone. Too many lunatics about.

Thanks, yeah we kept some of them to eat but as you mentioned it was abit busy.

Had a fish this morning starting at 6. It was pretty slow on the river though we did take 3 good size bream home, between 32 and 36cm. there were alot of little tailor around which were fun catching on metal lures. it was good to be onthe water though the fishing should have been better.... didnt catch any trevally though which i thought would have been around.

Edited by tumra

Had a fish this morning starting at 6. It was pretty slow on the river though we did take 3 good size bream home, between 32 and 36cm. there were alot of little tailor around which were fun catching on metal lures. it was good to be onthe water though the fishing should have been better.... didnt catch any trevally though which i thought would have been around.

3 nice bream is not too bad.

Atleast you got a feed mate welldone :thumbup: , the hacking seems to be bit slow atm, or slower than it was a month or so ago. The harbour seems to be doing well though.